Thread: Wixey Height Gauge Installed on Grizzly G0454Z Planer

Wixey Height Gauge Installed on Grizzly G0454Z Planer

I post pictures to show how easy it is to install the Wixey Remote Planer Digital Read Out (DRO). Using the parts supplied by Wixey, it was installed and calibrated in under an hour. This included 10 minutes decideing where to install it. I wish I'd done this 10 years ago.

IMG_8135.jpgIMG_8134.jpg

I installed one on my G0453 4 years ago and have been very happy with it. Like you, it was one of those things I wish I did much sooner.

I didn't document the install on my Powermatic PM 15 but had equal success. Of course it's a different animal than many other models so I had to determine the best way to go at it. Just a couple weeks after install the readout stopped responding and Wixey customer service is nothing short of excellent. Sent me a new head without needing to have the old one back. Quick swap and it was good to go. Highly recommend their products.

Here's how I did it on mine. I didn't want to drill any holes in mine so I needed to buy a few bolts. The brackets lined up quite well and only had to enlarge the holes slightly on the bottom bracket.
    1.jpg2.jpg

Blog Entries
    Nice. I've done the DRO thing on my planers for many years. A real time saver.

G0453Z-DRO 001.jpgG0453Z-DRO 002.jpg
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler