Pictures attached for context (pardon the mess as we just installed this recently)

Some background:
-Bought a 105w Boss laser (LS-2440) as an upgrade from a Glowforge Pro to cut 8mm Bamboo Plywood

-Used the 6 inch exhaust fan that came with the unit but smoke poured out of the fan housing so we bought a Cloudline S6 In-Line fan rated at 400cfm (give or take).

-That Cloudline fan also leaked smoke like nothing else so I silicone sealed every crack or opening in the housing and it no longer leaks as a source of smell.

-The current material (8mm Bamboo plywood) technically covers the whole cutting bed but our process is to cut one product out as a vent hole for the exhaust to pull through then batch cut the rest.

-Each time I cut anything on this machine, even if the bed is wide open to pull the smoke down, the exhaust somehow fills the room with strong smells.

-There is no visible smoke but our air quality meters are showing high particulate and VOC counts.

-The room this laser cutter is in is connected to large warehouse space with plenty of make-up air.

-The Exhaust has a vent cover to prevent animals from crawling into it while still allowing a large volume of air to be pushed out.

Main Problem:
-We are looking to scale up to using this laser machine for about 6-8 hours a day and need to track down the source of the exhaust leak.

-If I put my nose to every "crack" in the building I smell nothing being pulled back into the building.

-Regardless I've sealed every crack I could to prevent this issue and yet it persists.

-My next step is to get a 1000cfm+ blower and get a 15ft vertical exhaust stack outside because I'm at my wits end.

20230926_124445.jpg20230926_124501.jpg20230926_124513.jpg