Thread: Finally Finished Krenov Inspired Jewelry Armoire

Blog Entries

Finally Finished Krenov Inspired Jewelry Armoire

Well I finally finished my wife's jewelry armoire. Pics attached. It is made from solid mesquite and Birdeye Maple all from rough cut lumber. Drawers sides are planned pecan. My concept from initial drawing to final product today. Based on James Krenov's work and inspired by him (https://www.jameskrenov.com/furniture.htm).

The piece is approximately 5 ft tall and has six drawers, all fronted with Birdseye maple and adorned with homemade mesquite handles. The mesquite side doors are adorned with Birdseye Maple handle of same design. Each drawer has a lower compartment that holds 16 items. Three have a half upper compartment for 8 more items, and three have an upper compartment of 18 more items (think earring). There is also a ring holder built in. And the two side doors will hold 19 necklaces in each door.

Since mesquite is very fragile with lots of cracks and checks, I used epoxy with crushed turquoise and sometimes shredded copper filing.
    First furniture piece I have made since probably 2014. Hope to make some more now that the back has improved. Oh first pic is my initial design. Not sure why some are inserted here in a landscape layout, sorry about that.

Ashampoo_Snap_Monday, July 3, 2023_16h35m25s_006_.jpgIMG_3069.jpgIMG_3071.jpgIMG_3071.jpgIMG_3072.jpg
    Tim in Hill Country of Texas

Very nice piece! I think mesquite and turquoise go perfect together. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries
    Nice wood combination! I’m sure your wife loves it

Thanks for sharing Tim. Nice work. +2 on the mesquite and turquoise... looks outstanding.