Thread: Bosch cordless sandpaper

Bosch cordless sandpaper

Got this great little sander today, but I’m having trouble finding sandpaper with the correct hole pattern. Two of the bases look similar to Festool, but I can’t afford that. Thoughts?

https://a.co/d/4ZTmv7T
    - Jason White
    YouTube.com/UncleJasonsWorkshop

Abranet mesh roll

I agree with Kent. Any net will work. Mirka is great.
    I believe bosch has their own line of paper but I dont remember it being any good.

Concur on Abranet, but I have to admit I read the title and thought "Cordless sandpaper, what will they think of next?"

Maybe Bosch should like, buy, a company that makes abrasive sheets.....

Oh...wait...
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Check the manual - page 11. Your sander apparently comes with a punch plate that should be used to punch holes into the the 1/4 sheet pad sandpaper after it has been installed. It's not clear to me if the punch works with the 1/3 sheet pad too. For the detail pad I think you'll need to buy the sandpaper with holes from Bosch.

I have a corded Bosch sander which I really like and it came with a metal plate with the pointed punches on the plate. I put on a 1/3 sheet IIRC and align the two raised edges of the plate with the edge of the sander and punch the holes.

In fact, if you watch the video for the sander that you linked to at Amazon, at the beginning of the video they show the punch being used.

I went to the Bosch website. The model that you linked to was supposed to come with a hole punch included.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 09-29-2023 at 10:11 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by roger wiegand View Post
    Concur on Abranet, but I have to admit I read the title and thought "Cordless sandpaper, what will they think of next?"
    My first thought too: Is today April 1st?
    JR

The punch plate only works with one of the three pads. It doesn’t work with the triangle or rectangle pads.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    I have a corded Bosch sander which I really like and it came with a metal plate with the pointed punches on the plate. I put on a 1/3 sheet IIRC and align the two raised edges of the plate with the edge of the sander and punch the holes.

In fact, if you watch the video for the sander that you linked to at Amazon, at the beginning of the video they show the punch being used.

I went to the Bosch website. The model that you linked to was supposed to come with a hole punch included.
    - Jason White
    YouTube.com/UncleJasonsWorkshop

I would call Bosch and ask if they have punch plate they can send you.

If not, a DIY work around could be to make a wooden one with holes drilled in it to insert thick cement nails in the right pattern. The thickness of the wooden base controls the projection of whichever nails you use.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

The title confused me. I have never seen sandpaper with a cord but I have seen sanding cord.
    Bill D