Thread: Colliflower zero clearance fence for Kapex (The Cube)

Colliflower zero clearance fence for Kapex (The Cube)

I recently bought one of these for my Kapex and was able to use it last weekend to build out a quick 24"x30" gallery frame for some art my wife purchased. The design is absolutely brilliant and worked perfectly. Install took maybe 2 minutes and I milled up 8 blocks of 8/4 maple into "cubes" using the provided template, installed one and went to work. Cuts were clean, crisp and zero tearout. I already use their zero clearance plate but having the cube against the fence makes for a nice means of knowing where you'll cut anywhere along the fence. Made for sneaking up on the miters a breeze. As an added bonus, I think it improves dust collection slightly as it seems the cube provides a "ramp" that sends debris towards the boot.

If you have a Kapex I highly recommend it.

https://www.colliflower-zci.com/stor...ence-for-kapex

I've liked mine too. They do wear out, so I'd get a couple of replacements.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Yea I figured if I was going to make one, making a few more was just as easy. I just ripped some 8/4 maple to width and sliced them up. There is a small hole in the back where you can use a small screw to pull the block tight against the extrusion after you've adjusted the set screws for a flush block. This will eliminate any play and should make the block last a long time before needing a change. Swapping out a 45 and a straight block is also a 30 second task tops, which is what I did making the frame. This will keep the zero clearance just that.

Very clever..

Interesting ....
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

Wow, should work well for that kind of money!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Coers View Post
    Wow, should work well for that kind of money!
    Works very well, it’s made of premium materials in the US. I have no complaints about its function or price.