Thread: Posting pictures with my Ipad

Blog Entries

Posting pictures with my Ipad

Why do the pictures I post using my IPad always appear sideways or upside down?
    Note that if I post pictures with my Fire tablet I don’t have this problem.
    Dennis

Same reason they do with an iPhone.

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....ideways-on-SMC
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    I read that thread and what I don’t understand is why I have the sideways/upside down problem when I use my IPad but I don’t have any problem when I use my Fire tablet?
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by dennis thompson View Post
    I read that thread and what I don’t understand is why I have the sideways/upside down problem when I use my IPad but I don’t have any problem when I use my Fire tablet?
    It's because of how editing on iOS doesn't change the underlying metadata of the photos. This non-destructive editing is actually a desirable feature for photo people, but it clearly causes issues with quickly uploading material to some online forum systems like this one. By example, when I bring photos into Lightroom on my computer from my iPhone, if I had edited the photo on the phone, two separate images upload; the original in its raw form and the edited version. Once I do any alterations, if any, within Lightroom on the computer and then save the file as a JPG on said computer, the orientation, etc., is all then locked to how I want it to be. This is why the recommendation is to write the photos out to a new file on a computer, etc., when they originate on an iOS device, at least with "this" particular forum software.

Your Fire tablet uses Android and handles photos differently.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    It's because of how editing on iOS doesn't change the underlying metadata of the photos. This non-destructive editing is actually a desirable feature for photo people, but it clearly causes issues with quickly uploading material to some online forum systems like this one. By example, when I bring photos into Lightroom on my computer from my iPhone, if I had edited the photo on the phone, two separate images upload; the original in its raw form and the edited version. Once I do any alterations, if any, within Lightroom on the computer and then save the file as a JPG on said computer, the orientation, etc., is all then locked to how I want it to be. This is why the recommendation is to write the photos out to a new file on a computer, etc., when they originate on an iOS device, at least with "this" particular forum software.

Your Fire tablet uses Android and handles photos differently.
    Ok , thanks, I guess I’ll be using my Fire tablet to post pictures
    Dennis