I rarely sand anymore, but I have a quick job with 2’ and 4’ 1x4 pine and I’d like to give the 32 boards a once-over with my random orbital sander. A few years ago my old Porter-Cable sander gave out, and I replaced it with a Bosch. The P-C had five vent holes, while the Bosch has eight. I have half-used boxes of 5-hole Mirka disks — one an assortment with 50, 80, 150, 180, and 220 and the other a box of only 320. These grits have suited my needs well.

I’ve been limping along with the 5-hole disks, but I figure that 8 holes would make dust collection more efficient, so I’m thinking about leaving the 5-hole disks behind and moving to 8. Ideally, I’d like to match the grit collection without needing to buy lots of individual boxes.

I haven’t bought sanding disks in forever. On first try, Mirka seems hard to buy in an assorted grit “hobbyist” box. There are a lot of very cheap brands unknown to me floating around Google — I’m wary of those. Can someone recommend a quality brand with assorted grits and 8 holes? I want to buy once and be happy with the product every (infrequent) time I use it.