Thread: Over the top workbench

Over the top workbench

This guy makes incredible furniture, so it makes sense that his workbench would be no different.
    It's a fairly long video, but his attention to detail and explanation of his thought process is worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvVr...=PedullaStudio
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Over the top? Perhaps. I really like how thought out it was. I struggle with my bench at times as I didn't anticipate the various workholding solutions I would need. It looks like he had a good feel for the utility required before deciding how to pimp it up.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Way cool!

I like the use of a motorcycle lifts for moving the bench.
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

Just saw this video yesterday. He thought the design over many times for the past 2 years. It's got all kinds of work holding options for the custom work he does.

Beauty, really. Now, how many of us can take 2.5 months and all that beautiful lumber to make a bench? It's nice to have sponsors lol.

I came across that video recently and was going to post a thread to bring attention, but I first checked and see that was done. This is the link to his website with pictures

https://pedullastudio.com.au/product...ubo-workbench/

As someone that makes beautiful things with wood for a living, I wonder what he would charge to make another just like it on a commission.... and then there would be the shipping from Australia LOL. It took him 2.5 months. I think it would take me 2.5 years to make a version not quite as well made.

For me, I would want to have storage drawers under the bench, but not as important if my shop were bigger.

If Taunton Press were to publish a new "The Workbench" book, seems like this bench would be a reasonable choice for the cover