Thread: Powermatic sale?

Powermatic sale?

Hi,
    Does Powermatic typically have a fall sale? 10% off?
    thanks.

November time frame is hit-or-miss with Powermatic. I got my 2028EVS for 15% off and free shipping last Black Friday, but the discounts weren't tool wide. However between late February and early March they always have a 10% off and free shipping as long as I can remember. Every other PM tool I own was acquired during this timeframe.

Every month rockler/woodcraft usually have one of the big guys on sale

woodcraft is 10%off right now till the 29th

My mistake that was just bandsaws

Keep in mind that usually it isn't Rockler/Woodcraft offering the sale, it's Powermatic directly. Woodcraft is usually not the best place either unless you have one locally that you can ship to for free and pickup yourself. I've done this a couple of times with my Laguna bandsaw and drum sander.

Generally I buy from ToolNut as they always offer the same sales and they ship fast/free.

OP, one thing I did while I was procuring new tools for my shop is add myself to their mailing list where you'll be notified. I really like PM tools, so that's what I did and was ok to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Burnside View Post
    Woodcraft is usually not the best place either unless you have one locally that you can ship to for free and pickup yourself. I've done this a couple of times with my Laguna bandsaw and drum sander.
    Sale price aside, I found that Woodcraft shipping rates are generally better than others if you have to "freight ship" a tool to your location directly. If you look at sites that offer "free shipping" on this stuff, you will soon realize that the machine price has been increased to account for shipping costs. In the end, the total machine + shipping + tax is usually higher than what Woodcraft offers.

Obviously, if you have a local Woodcraft, I would go into there and purchase/order the tool for pickup at the store (to avoid any shipping costs).

Sure, 10% off right now on bandsaws. Maybe if you used a few more words and told us what you want to buy, we could direct you better

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Inami View Post
    Sale price aside, I found that Woodcraft shipping rates are generally better than others if you have to "freight ship" a tool to your location directly. If you look at sites that offer "free shipping" on this stuff, you will soon realize that the machine price has been increased to account for shipping costs. In the end, the total machine + shipping + tax is usually higher than what Woodcraft offers.

Obviously, if you have a local Woodcraft, I would go into there and purchase/order the tool for pickup at the store (to avoid any shipping costs).
    You're not wrong about some, but that's why I mentioned ToolNut. Jointer and Planer were both ordered and delivered with drop-gate service right to my shop door for identical pricing. I'm pretty sure Powermatic has a fixed price and ToolNut is an authorized distributor by the way, as is Home Depot, so if you don't have a Woodcraft, you can pick it up at HD for free shipping too.
    Last edited by Michael Burnside; 10-23-2023 at 2:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Coers View Post
    Sure, 10% off right now on bandsaws. Maybe if you used a few more words and told us what you want to buy, we could direct you better
    I would like to get the 15” planer. Thanks for all the comments!

I just received the November Woodcraft flyer in the mail today and it has a 10% sale on Powermatic from November 18-27. There are no details beyond that and the text "exclusions may apply" hard to see in the picture with the add. This was all in their Black Friday tool deals section of the ad.