Thread: any pictures of current members' lineshaft shops?

any pictures of current members' lineshaft shops?

are there any members that have lineshafts in there shops that drive vintage flat belt woodworking machines? I am interested, since I have always wanted to make a lineshaft shop to use my Parks A87 planing mill special, my Crescent dual arbor table saw, drill presses and sanders. I am running out of time to acomplish my lineshaft shop, but still have the machines and desire to see them in service. if any member has the same desire for a lineshaft shop or actually has one now in operation, please respond, and pictures would be really appreciated. seeing those hundred and some year old American sturdy well made machines in operation, would be eye candy for many of us. thanks Dave

While he is not a member here, David Lamb, one of the NH Furniture Masters runs a complete line shaft operated shop. David collects NH made woodworking machinery from the 19th century. His shop is wonderful. Check out his website at www.davidlambfurniture.com. I'm sure he has contact info there and can answer questions. I've been in the shop several times.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Blog Entries
    I have some parts but have abandoned the idea of putting them together. I have been researching some antiques and came across some neat images of the Smith and Sons cracker mill in White Rver Junction VT from back in the day. It is not woodworking but is still fun to look at.

Screen Shot 2023-10-26 at 8.24.53 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2023-10-26 at 8.29.00 AM.jpg
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 10-26-2023 at 9:32 AM.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Not woodworking, but the Lowell National Historic Park has a weave room with 80 line driven looms.
    Impressive and noisy to see and hear them going.
    https://www.nps.gov/lowe/index.htm

Blog Entries
    We have a neat mill in MO too. Mom has been insisting that I visit it for many years. The story is that when the state first acquired Watkins Mill they brought in a restoration expert who looked around and said "You don't need me this mill is ready to operate"

Watkins Woolen Mill State Historic Site | Missouri State Parks

Watkins Woolen Mill State Park and State Historic Site - Wikipedia
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 10-26-2023 at 11:43 AM.
    Best Regards, Maurice