Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Medicare Telemarketers

Medicare Telemarketers

So, how many calls do you get a day?

Mine are exclusively from US Healthcare, which I think is a fake name, which the caller says is in Eel Payso, Texas, Kinkinayti Ohio, or some other mispronounced city. Of course, when I ask for the office address, they can't give it to me.

They want your personal information, and I'm not sure whether it is a scam or just a telemarketer in India that hands me off to another guy, a real licensed broker, as we haven't got that far yet.

This guy yesterday said he didn't know his address, even though he was working in the office. I asked him how he got to work everyday if he didn't know the address. Just drive around Eel Payso until you recognize the building?
    Regards,

Tom

I find when I inquire for like a certain company they inform me they can get any rate you want? But when I ask for the info and rates via email I never hear another word??
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

I get zero calls a day for Medicare marketing and in general. The only calls I've received in recent months that I was unhappy about were a few from a collection firm that was trying to reach a debtor who either had my phone number in the past or put it on some application a year or two ago. I know the names and the circumstances for both so it's easy to tell the caller that they are dialling up the wrong tree, as it were.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I get zero calls a day for Medicare marketing and in general. The only calls I've received in recent months that I was unhappy about were a few from a collection firm that was trying to reach a debtor who either had my phone number in the past or put it on some application a year or two ago. I know the names and the circumstances for both so it's easy to tell the caller that they are dialling up the wrong tree, as it were.
    Nothing by phone, but I'm getting 2-3 snail-mail offers every day.

But more than half of them aren't even for me. I still live in the same house my ex and I bought in 1979, so as expected, her name is still in databases for this address. The really funny bit is that her second husband shows up in multiple databases as having once lived here, so I get spam for him too.

(It apparently works both ways: it took several tries to get obe of their addresses removed from the 'former addresses" section of my credit reports.)
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Lee, yes, some come in the mailbox, but they go right into the recycling bin without even coming in the house. I already made my election and I use the online systems to do that kind of thing, anyway. To your point, some of them are addressed to the original owner who had the house from when it was built in 1993 and lives somewhere up in New Hampshire or Maine or something. She left here in about 2014 I believe which was about when the folks we bought from bought the property from here.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

We have a land line, but always let answering machine pick it up. Thinking of changing message to "Yes our answering machine works, so you don't need to call back tomorrow to see if it still works." Get one call just before 8:00 AM, which is definitely against the rules. Our choice is easy, wife United Health Care thru AARP, and mine is Humana as part of my retirement from former employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    We have a land line, but always let answering machine pick it up. Thinking of changing message to "Yes our answering machine works, so you don't need to call back tomorrow to see if it still works."
    Heh. I've got the ringers turned off on the landline phones. The message got changed to "This number is for outgoing calls only. Please call on my mobile number. If you don't know that one, leave a message and I'll get back to you in a couple of weeks." (Or not.)
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.

FINGER LAKES AREA , CENTRAL NEW YORK STATE
    I get about 3 a week and from every state in the union. My cell phone displays the number and the state and I keep blocking the numbers .
    Really pizzes me off when I am in the shop and the darn phone call comes in, I never answer. And what about those stupid TV commercials . We must see goofy old Martha with the way oversized eye glasses multiple times a day. Who in the heck creates those stupid commercials thinking real people can relate to an angry old lady throwing a tantrum until she is told the call is free then can't wait to get to the phone and make the call. Every time I see that grumping old gal my IQ drops a few points and my blood pressure rises. Guess maybe I should call to get everything I am entitled to.
    calabrese55
    Let your hands tell the story of the passion in your heart

I have Magic jack for my land line and they have a call screening that the person has to press a dandom number to put the call through to ring the phone. Every now and then we shut that ogg just to see how many calls we would get.

I only get a couple of spam calls a day, I just don't answer numbers that aren't in my contacts. More of them want to buy one of the houses I own than provide healthcare.
    I get mail for my parents and in-laws, both who lived with us for a while and yet passed away over 10 years ago.
    I wish someday the databases floating around would get updated.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Schoenthal View Post
    I only get a couple of spam calls a day, I just don't answer numbers that aren't in my contacts. More of them want to buy one of the houses I own than provide healthcare.
    I get mail for my parents and in-laws, both who lived with us for a while and yet passed away over 10 years ago.
    That update must take a while--my first wife moved out 22 years ago, and she gets more Medicare mailings than i do still. Go figure...

Quote Originally Posted by Earl McLain View Post
    That update must take a while--my first wife moved out 22 years ago, and she gets more Medicare mailings than i do still. Go figure...
    My ex moved out in 1986, moved to Idaho in 1998, still gets spam here: I'm not sure those databases ever get updated.

Blog Entries
    Really pizzes me off when I am in the shop and the darn phone call comes in, I never answer. And what about those stupid TV commercials . We must see goofy old Martha with the way oversized eye glasses multiple times a day.
    It will only go for another month or so when the enrollment period ends.

I'm rather happy with my plan and have no reason to change.

As far as the TV ads go most of the time my programs are recorded to allow fast forwarding through the commercials.

Another trick is sometimes when first getting up the TV will be paused while letting the cat in and taking care of morning chores or checking the computer. If the receiver is left on in the morning about an hour and a half can be rewound. This is good for watching the morning news programs. Also can record the late night TV to watch in the morning.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I just don't answer the phone EVER. I just may some time if I am really board, but that hasn't happened yet 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Schoenthal View Post
    The people who sell those mailing lists sell them by the name, so they have no incentive to reduce the number of names in the database. The people who buy the lists generally have no way of checking the accuracy of the lists.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.