Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Medicare Telemarketers

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    Looks like you went through underwriting. That's a problem for people who initially sign up for an Advantage plan and then want to go back to original Medicare. You can do that, but you may go through underwriting for your supplement plan. If you have any health issues, that supplement plan can be cost prohibitive. You'd be stuck with your Advantage plan.

I'm not a big fan of Advantage plans for older people. Traditional Medicare gives you the most flexibility.

Mike
    However the supplemental premium continues to rise year after year and becomes difficult for some to afford. My mother in law had a good supplemental plan but the premium was up to almost $900 per month. She passed away in February this year 4 days shy of her 92nd birthday. There are pluses and minuses to both and there is no one size fits all. One major factor would be whether you have providers in your area that are part of the network.

That's exactly right, Ron. The specific carrier and specific plan really matters. I feel pretty blessed with what I have available here in the Philadelphia area.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I’ve learned a lot in this thread, this is a complicated subject.

Thanks to everyone who posted to help me understand.

Regards, Rod.