Thread: Club survey question

Club survey question

I posted this on another forum but thought I would post it here too as I know some may not be involve with other forums. So sorry if you arte seeing this again.

I have been tasked by our club to put together a survey to the members. Survey Monkey (free version) allows for yes/no, true/false or multiple choice questions. But, while fill in the blank questions like "what topics would you like to see presented" can be put on the survey, Survey Monkey doesn't allow you to see the results and percentages of how many responded with the each topics unless you pay for a subscription.. The minimum subscription is $25 a month/$300 a year. We won't use surveys enough to make that kind of cost worth while

Does anyone use and recommend another survey service similar to Survey Monkey that allows fill in the blank questions that is free or minimal annual cost?

THANKS!
    Ricc

Our club uses google forms it’s free.

I've done this with an ideas box at a meeting. What I've found after being a founding member of 2 clubs and giving countless demos myself; No one really cares about topics because sooner or latter, you'll cover every subject. Most club members don't care what YOU present as long as they don't have to do it. A club meeting is a social event to many and learning is secondary. And based on the average demographic of turners and woodworkers, about 25% will sleep through at least 50% of the presentation.

Facebook has a poll function but it doesn't allow for fill in the blanks. I use it quite a lot.
    Pete

* It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for life - Sister Elizabeth Kenny *
    I think this equates nicely to wood turning as well . . . . .

Jim - I will check google forms out. thanks

Richard - you have some good observations - thanks

Peter - thanks for the idea but most of our club members are not on facebook. Only a few of the "younger guys" those under 50 are on facebook.

Anyone else have thoughts or suggestions?

Our club just surveyed the members using a couple methods. Paper copies at a recent meeting as well as an online survey using Mail Chimp. Mail Chimp is the tool used to send out the monthly newsletter as well as other relevant mail blasts. There were some redundant respondees doing it this way but we did get reasonable response overall.

Mailchimp has a survey option available. I have not used it so I don't know what access you have to the results.

I was able to make a custom contact form on our club's website to formulate a questionnaire. We got about 45 responses and I was able to collate those manually into a spreadsheet.

I just completed a questionnaire put out by a craft fair I participated in and that was on a Google form.

Thanks Dwayne and Tony