Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2nd Empty Amazon Package This Month

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    I think it would be fairly easy to steal from one of those white bubble pack envelopes. Heat sealing machines are cheap. If I was to steal from the packages I would cut the bottom off and then use a heat sealer to seal them again.
    Agreed (that it's easy), but where in the process would that happen? Only way it makes sense is if the driver steals it, reseals the package, and delivers the empty...all between the depot and the delivery address.
    Anywhere/anyone else (e.g. stolen off the porch), there's no point in putting the 'empty' back.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Of course, if it was an empty cardboard box, I'd check to see if your cat had hacked your account. <rimshot>
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Never received an empty package from Amazon. Mrs. Pat orders coins from the US Mint pretty regularly. They are shipped via USPS. Twice she has received an empty box because a Post Office employee stole the coins. She received a refund both times, but she was not pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary Hoyt View Post
    I never got an empty box or envelope but once years ago I ordered two rolls of bubble wrap. Each came in a larger box, well protected with wadded up brown paper. I wondered at the time if, had I ordered brown paper, it would have been protected with bubble wrap.
    Love it! 🤣😂

I do think is is something of a case of Amazon employees not caring, or needing to work fast enough that mistakes happen.
    Last month I had a damaged ordered - I believe Amazon has a system which says what box the items will fit in, and for the given items, it would have fitted in the given box if one had been rotated 90 degrees. But they just put it in, sealed the box, but it was no longer square (the top flaps bulging upward). Amazon gave me a full refund for the order (it was cans of catfood, and some had gotten busted open and I would have been happy with a partial refund, but the Amazon rep said they could only give me a full one, so who am I to complain)
    Amazon probably makes some calculation that speed and resultant lost and damage items is cheaper than going slowly but perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary Hoyt View Post
    I never got an empty box or envelope but once years ago I ordered two rolls of bubble wrap. Each came in a larger box, well protected with wadded up brown paper. I wondered at the time if, had I ordered brown paper, it would have been protected with bubble wrap.
    Either you shared that story a few (or more) years ago, or i read someone else' experience & thoughts on that same topic. Either way, still worth the read today!! I bet there's a banjo based song in there somewhere--John Prine or Steve Goodman style. Maybe even Arlo Guthrie to the tune of Alice's Restaurant.
    Thanks for for the grin!!

I can remember years ago going to the store to buy garbage bags. The bags came packaged in a plastic bag and the cashier,without any hesitation, put it in a plastic grocery bag. So, a bunch of plastic bags, in a plastic bag, in a plastic bag. Back then no one even talked about recycling plastic bags so all of it ended up in a landfill. No wonder we have a problem with plastics in the environment. Saw a report recently that microplastics in the atmosphere are starting to affect the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl McLain View Post
    Either you shared that story a few (or more) years ago, or i read someone else' experience & thoughts on that same topic. Either way, still worth the read today!! I bet there's a banjo based song in there somewhere--John Prine or Steve Goodman style. Maybe even Arlo Guthrie to the tune of Alice's Restaurant.
    Thanks for for the grin!!
    Probably I did tell that story before. It's sort of seared into my memory and pops up on occasion.