Thread: Grizzly G0733 Tool Rest

Grizzly G0733 Tool Rest

Hi All,
    I posted this in the Grizzly Green Monster group but there doesn’t seem to be a lot of activity so I have not received a response so I’ll try it here.

i haven’t been on in a while. I’m getting ready to pull the plug on a G0733. What I need to know is what is the length from the top of the tool rest to the base of the post. I’m upgrading from a 16” lathe and the tool rest measurement is 6” so I am not sure if my existing collection of tool rest will work with the Grizzly.

Thanks,
    Jeff

The original is 6". I have some 5 1/2 that work fine.
    .... Dave

Old carvers never die.... they just whittle away.

Thank you Dave. How is your G0733 doing so far?

FINGER LAKES AREA , CENTRAL NEW YORK STATE
    I have a set of these and they work fine on my G0733
    https://www.pennstateind.com/store/CLTSET1.html

Also bought the style D here it works fine also
    https://www.pennstateind.com/store/CLTSET1.html

One note I bought my 733 about two years ago. Then it had a 25 mm requirement for the tool post fit. Currently Grizzly advertises the tool post diameter on the G0733 is 1 inch.
    hope this helps some
    calabrese55
    Let your hands tell the story of the passion in your heart

It does Mike. Thank you

I do remember that Grizzly had metric posts, but then they seemed to upgrade to 1 inch posts, which is the standard here in the US. Best tool rests are the ones from Robust tools, or Steve Sinner, and they have the hardened drill rod for your tools to slide on/across. They never dent or ding. The S shaped rest is perfect for bowls. I designed it for myself, and as near as I can tell, it is the only one on the market that was designed by a bowl maker.

robo hippy