Thread: 12" Blade Recommendations for Felder K500S

12" Blade Recommendations for Felder K500S

Hey everyone so my Felder will be here in a few months. All of my current blades are 10", so I need some new blades since the Felder accepts 12" and needs the pins bored.

I've had great luck with my CMT blades (the good ones they make, not the cheaper ones) and I also use a really nice Ridge Carbide on my miter saw. I've seen some recommendations for Tenryu, but they seem to make 100 different blades, so a little confusing which one is their best line.

I currently use a rip to rip, general purpose for most things and an 80t crosscut to crosscut. I've seen a lot of people on the forums saying that a good general purpose with these more powerful sliders is all you need, but I'm a bit skeptical as my current 3hp Sawstop cuts wildly different with each blade.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Josh,

A number of folks on the Felder Owners Group use Tenryu blades.
    I use the following combination blade on my CF741 most of the time. If I'm ripping 8/4+ material that is really hard, I will change out to a 28 tooth rip blade.

I also have a 12" Forrest combination blade. It's more expensive and I'm not sure that it cuts any better.
    I'm just a hobbyist though.

Dennis

IW-30050CBD3 300mm 50 30mm ATB .128" 20 Combination, rip & cross cuts in wood

FWIW, the smoothest-running blade I have is from Popular Tools. I've tried Amana, FS Tool, Forrest, Freud, Tenryu, etc. All good, but the Popular Tools is whisper smooth.
    JonathanJungDesign.com

I like Tenryu for the value to performance ratio as it’s quite high.

The best blades I’ve used are Guhdo / GDP. I have a few of them for my slider. They do make ones with pins bored out.
    Still waters run deep.

If you have good quality 10 inch blades have them bored, it’s around $25 per blade.

That’s what I did, I only have one 315mm blade which is the 28 tooth ATB Felder sells, good for extremely deep cuts.

My other blades are FS Tools.

Regards, Rod

Thanks for all the tips. I'm just curious how do you guys come across brands like FS Tools, Guhdo and Popular Tools? I've never heard of any of them and they appear to mostly sell through their catalogs and sales reps.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Baldwin View Post
    Thanks for all the tips. I'm just curious how do you guys come across brands like FS Tools, Guhdo and Popular Tools? I've never heard of any of them and they appear to mostly sell through their catalogs and sales reps.
    Hi Josh, I came across FS Tools in the seventies when I worked setting up gang rip saws and moulders.

Coincidentally I now live about 10 minutes from their factory, which is very convenient when I want sharpening, repair or something custom.

Regards, Rod

Carbide Processors sells Popular Tools and FS, as well as a complete line of Tenryu. Just recently I got a Popular Tools blade from Tim at toolmanshop.com
    JonathanJungDesign.com

Tenryu, price is great and they come ready for your machine. I own one 12" Felder blade and it rarely gets used. The Felder blades are good also but I'll take a combination Tenryu all day.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

I’m partial to the Ridge Carbide TS2000.
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

Lots of good choices for quality 12" blades. I stuck with Forrest for my SC-3C and generally run the 48T WW-II. Its available with Felder bore and pin holes. I buy from Silvers Mill
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...