Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another table saw vs bandsaw thread.

Let's see if I can hit everything...

I'm strictly hobby.
    By Mobile I mean roll around the garage.

My current bandsaw is a 10" Wen I bought a year ago and just got set up this past Summer. The saw isn't all that bad & I'm sure it will do everything I bought it to do. I used it to resaw some 3/4" think by 2" high red oak and it worked just fine.
    My ideas for using it are as an alternative to my jig saw & a step up from my scroll saw.
    To date, I have had little to no use for anything curved - if that makes sense.

Used is a possibility because I'm in no hurry and I have the luxury of being able to look around. I'm in the very early stages of planning for this though.

I'm pretty set on blades. I mostly use a Freud Glue Line Rip blade. What little cross cutting I do, I use a Ridgid 40T combo blade - but - depending on how things go, a premium blade is in my future.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    I have yet to see a band saw rip or cross cut in hard or soft wood that has as smooth a finish as a cut surface made by a good carbide blade on a tuned up table saw.
    100% in agreement here. I suppose much depends on how much of that you do. I shoot all my crosscuts so in my world it's not relevant. When I want a decent glue line rip there's nothing like my TS. I just don't do much ripping. When I do, my rather pedestrian TS3650 works just fine. If I was working commercially or breaking down sheet goods all the time it would be a different story. I'd be looking beyond my "Home Center" saw.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.