Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hamburger pictures

Hamburger pictures

Have you ever been disappointed when the hamburgers you get at your local fast food joint don't actually have much resemblance to the picture on the menu board you ordered from?

I eat a lot of burgers, and I am older than most of you, and in my mind, that makes me an expert.

The only place I know of that consistently serves up burgers that look as good as the pictures do is good old In'N Out. Honorable mention goes to Moolah, which recently opened in my area. Great burgers but twice the price.

Not talkin' about taste here, since that is subjective. Just the presentation at burger joints.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

There was actually recent litigation about that where several fast food entities were sued for what you mention. The restaurant organizations won that case...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    What really bugs me is at one of the "Kings" of hamburgers if you ask for extra onions they have a charge of fifty cents and they rarely actually add any extra onions.

Going back to the counter and complaining might get you a cup or plate with some extra onions.

Most of the time we get an order to go and extra onions and mustard can be added at home.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

this always comes to mind. 4:00 minutes in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJs9p-VNORw

You're not wrong. There's also no such thing as Fast Food anymore. Wherever I go, it takes 20 minutes to get my food and the order is almost always wrong. I'm not a fan of In & Out, but they seem to work efficiently. Culver's burgers are OK and typically presented well.

Blog Entries
    It isn't just the fast food places. A number of the large sit down chains have menu pictures of their meals that have little resemblance to what they place in front of you.

Lately, the problem with the fast food places is the sandwich looks like it was assembled by a three year old during a temper tantrum. Most of "the works" are not between the buns.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Never saw that movie but....sheesh, that's what I'm talking about! That was great.

PS: I just got back from an In'N Out break. Honest.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I made a zillion burgers in my teen years. Do you want pretty or do you want cheap?
    < insert spurious quote here >

I’ll suggest Harvey’s as having burgers that resemble their photos and taste like they’re actually cooked on a grill

Regards, Rod

Blog Entries
    Went to a Culver's in Indiana a couple years ago.
    Ordered my usual, plain, no-cheese.
    Burger was fine except to the pickle on top of the bun
    Complained to on duty manager "but we always put a pickle on our hamburgers"
    But you photo does not show the pickle topping.
    Lost that argument - never back to a Culver's

Howard Garner

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    I’ll suggest Harvey’s as having burgers that resemble their photos and taste like they’re actually cooked on a grill

Regards, Rod
    I agree with Rod.... Harvey's burgers look and taste good. I also think the same of an A&W Teenburger.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post

Regards, Rod
    Yeah, Harveys was always my favorite growing up in Ontario. The fries were never frozen always fresh cut, I can remember seeing them peeling the potatoes outside the back door in summer and the burgers were real meat and as you said looked like the picture. Sadly they are no longer in BC, not sure why. Last time I had one about 5 years ago, the burgers were still as good as I remembered, the fries, not so much. Most of our southern neighbours will never enjoy a Harvey's burger as they are only in Canada. Kinda the Lee Valley of burger chains.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Germain View Post
    You're not wrong. There's also no such thing as Fast Food anymore. Wherever I go, it takes 20 minutes to get my food and the order is almost always wrong. I'm not a fan of In & Out, but they seem to work efficiently. Culver's burgers are OK and typically presented well.
    Which fast food places are you going to that take 20 minutes to make your food? I only eat fast food a couple times per month, at most. However, I have never waited 20 minutes to receive my food order. Taco John's is the longest I have waited at about five minutes. Taco John's makes up your food after it is ordered which is why it takes some time.

One time a few months back I walked into a local Jimmy John's and they said it would be thirty minutes to get a sandwich as they were slammed with either online orders, or a catering order. I don't recall which. I don't understand why they couldn't pause the order for someone not in the store, and make a sandwich for someone actually in the store. I should have contacted corporate about that one, but I never did.

I wont get a burger outside of my house or someone elses. I usually do brisket burgers but 85% ground beef with diced onion and seasoning/marinade make delicious burgers as well. They are fast and easy, too fast and easy to sacrifice taste for buying them at a chain.

No disrespect to anyone here, nor any restaurant, but........

I've eaten in establishments of all types and cuisines, in most of these United states and in many foreign countries, and my expectations are adjusted at establishments providing photos on the menu.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.