Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Veritas domino table

Veritas domino table

Anyone have any experience with this table. Bought a domino 500 a couple of years ago. Have never used it. Have a grandson now, looks like time for kid’s table & chairs. Veritas table looks like it may come in handy

thanks Mike

Try using the machine on its own first. I get good results without any accessories. The table may be useful for very small parts.

I have it. It makes the work go much quicker and it's very accurate. That said, it's pretty easy to build your own if you have the time.

I made one that is a combination of the Woodpecker, Veritas and the guy on Youtube that the Veritas one is based on. I made it mainly for picture frames. Mine will also allow for use of my standard and mini biscuit jointer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    I made one that is a combination of the Woodpecker, Veritas and the guy on Youtube that the Veritas one is based on. I made it mainly for picture frames. Mine will also allow for use of my standard and mini biscuit jointer.
    I've also made my own but ended up buying the Veritas version for more accuracy and repeatability. Great for small boxes and picture frames that I frequently make.

Hey Johnny, if you’re willing to share, I’m curious about how you use your domino in the construction of small boxes. Thanks

Me too on the small boxes

I have yet to build it, but here is the YouTube video.
    He's got several other builds worth checking out.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

I would say no. For what this table does it will take up a bunch of room. I would get the domiplate if anything it is great for anything 1/2 or 3/4. outside of that I dont use anything with the domino

This really is my one complaint, the space it takes juxtaposed to how often it's used. Meaning I can't leave it out and just use when needed. It sits in place of a drawer under my tall bench.

Quote Originally Posted by George Yetka View Post
    I would say no. For what this table does it will take up a bunch of room. I would get the domiplate if anything it is great for anything 1/2 or 3/4. outside of that I dont use anything with the domino

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Dale View Post
    Hey Johnny, if you’re willing to share, I’m curious about how you use your domino in the construction of small boxes. Thanks
    Gordon, I mark a line on the inside of one joint. On the edge mortises I hold/clamp the stock horizontally against the fence and with the matching mortises on the face I hold the stock vertically using a home made L piece to keep it against the fence. That marked line should be visible during drilling. I hope that makes sense. The Veritas jig really helps with alignment.
    Here's a pic of the Veritas jig and my home made version.
    Jig2.jpg
    Last edited by Johnny Barr; 12-04-2023 at 5:33 PM.

Thanks Johnny!

Im surprised that no one has mentioned the Dock by Ramon Valdez. It is a great addition to the domino and doesn’t take up much space. I use mine all the time.

Check it out here https://ramonvaldezfinefurniture.com...-domino-df500/

David

Blog Entries
    I have one. It is great for repeated parts like you find on tables and chairs.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by David Bedrosian View Post
    Im surprised that no one has mentioned the Dock by Ramon Valdez. It is a great addition to the domino and doesn’t take up much space. I use mine all the time.

Check it out here https://ramonvaldezfinefurniture.com...-domino-df500/

David
    Seneca has one of these too, Im not familiar with Ramon and I only know seneca from the domiplate. So I cant say if there is an advantage with either
    https://www.senecawoodworking.com/co...r-domino-df500