Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Veritas domino table

Quote Originally Posted by George Yetka View Post
    Seneca has one of these too, Im not familiar with Ramon and I only know seneca from the domiplate. So I cant say if there is an advantage with either
    https://www.senecawoodworking.com/co...r-domino-df500
    Seneca's dock IS Ramon's dock. It's just the flat-pack version of his dock. I want to say they do the CNC cutting for these, but I'm not 100% sure.
    And there was trouble, taking place...

Ended up buying the table. Mostly because I had a $300 gift card. I’ve been planning on building a new assembly table. So I guess I can build in domino table storage. Just hope I use the darn thing

Hi Mike

First off, I do not own this table. Never used it. I did read the development of it by a member on Festool Owners Group, and that the design was subsequently built by Lee Valley (under contract).

I know you have just purchased the table, and I imagine you want it to reduce the demands of using the Domino freehand. This is not an issue for an adult, but may be for a youngster. The point I want to make for others here is that this looks to be a tool for mass production, not single-use. I use my Domino as a morticing machine, and want it to be flexible here.

Regards from Perth

Derek

I have the Veritas table … it’s pretty easy to put the domino on and off the table and get it aligned (i.e., you don’t have to dedicate the machine to just using the table). As others have mentioned, it does take up some space. I’ve found it most useful for dominoes on small-ish mitered parts where it’s challenging to get everything clamped down properly and still have space to register the machine on the piece(s) free hand. I do wish it had better hold-down clamps. The ones it comes with work but they can be a little hateful.
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry