Thread: ARCGis has a clunky web interface

ARCGis has a clunky web interface

My local government sites often use "ARCGis" to display map information online. The behavior of ARCGis online is slow and clunky. Is there a more modern product for displaying online map data that the city and county could use?

It depends on the County. Some make their daily, weekly, monthly, etc data files available for download and you can them import them into a program of your choice. Sometimes you can call the County department and other times it involves a lot of searching that can result in a jackpot of files or absolutely nothing.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

My County uses that system and while there are some obtuse things about it, I had no issue getting what I needed when I was researching for our downside property as well as getting what I needed for planning my shop building.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I haven't had an issue with ARCGis. The ARCGis Field Maps app on smartphones works pretty well. I used the Field Maps app to view the map of a large event I worked at this summer. The app even allows you to add your own waypoints to the map.

I had another thought ... years ago I was having problems loading a specific map while researching properties and was able to resolve all the problems once I cleared my cache and deleted cookies to that web site.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."