Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12-15 year old Craftsman professional saw have anyreal resale value?

12-15 year old Craftsman professional saw have anyreal resale value?

Paid a little under $1000 for this 12 to 15 years ago. I'm putting to much time in it to keep it set up. Going to spoil myself with a new Sawstop unit.

Curious if this has any real value for resale? I can gift it to someone in my circle if it is not worth much, don't expect it is.

Thanks.

Brian

TS.jpg
    Brian

Currently selling for $50 to $100 in local area. When and if they actually sell.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Jim Mackell
    Arundel, ME

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mackell View Post
    Currently selling for $50 to $100 in local area. When and if they actually sell.
    Just the fence on the saw pictured will sell for $150-200 in my area. I'd start at $500 and see what the response is. Its easy to lower the price until you find a taker, but it stinks when you price too low and have 10 offers in the first 15 minutes.

Brian I just recently picked up one of these in my area for $150.00 and found it to be a nice saw for what it is. They were made by Steel City.
    Also by chance do you have the manual for the saw? As mine did not come with one and I have been looking for one.

Thanks Richard
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

Is that a "Zipcode Saw"? If so they had a pretty good rep AFAIK.
    Last edited by Curt Harms; 12-05-2023 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mackell View Post
    In my area, this would apply to a Craftsman contractor saw. (I recently gave away such a saw.) But Brian's saw appears to be more of a hybrid which should have a little more value. Of course, I could be wrong.

FINGER LAKES AREA , CENTRAL NEW YORK STATE
    On your interest in a manual for your saw you may have some opportunity to find that here .
    calabrese55
    https://www.manualslib.com
    Let your hands tell the story of the passion in your heart

The Biesemeyer fence & rails could fetch $2-300 on their own. Up to you and a potential buyer as to what the whole package would bring, given that you are saying the saw has issues.

I consigned my 15-yr-old contractor saw to the trash when I got a cabinet saw. The universal motor and its carriage were worn out and I was tired of keeping it running.

I don't know enough about that model saw to comment further.

Edit: just spotted the miter gage in your photo. Hope you plan to keep that as the Incra with fence and flip stop are about $200 new, depending on the model.
    Last edited by Marc Fenneuff; 12-05-2023 at 2:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    Is that a "Zipcode Saw"? If so they had a pretty good rep AFAIK.
    Curt, not sure what you mean? Do you mean sell in my local market only? If yes then yes. Brian
    Brian

The model was 22124, which is a zip code. Hence the nickname. Unisaws and PMs sit locally at a grand for a while before selling. Those are $500-600 saws locally.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Looks like a true cabinet saw to me with that motor cover. I'm not far from you, I think I would list it (with the fence) for $1000 and I wouldn't go lower then $800. As long as it's single phase and 2-3HP.

Recently tried selling my Unisaw - 3HP with Biesmeier fence & some extras. Started at $850, over about 6 weeks went down to $650, but never got any real offers, decided to keep it and forgo the SawStop for now. Perhaps NE is more saturated with these saws than the Midwest.
    -- Jim

Use the right tool for the job.

In our area, about $300-500. That's a nice looking saw.
    Regards,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Hayes View Post
    Looks like a true cabinet saw to me with that motor cover. I'm not far from you, I think I would list it (with the fence) for $1000 and I wouldn't go lower then $800. As long as it's single phase and 2-3HP.
    Sure looks like a 22124 (if the Bies fence is original). If so, made by Orion (also made Steel City cabinet saws) and if i recall correctly has cabinet mounted trunnions. Might be hard to overcome the brand, but that saw had a pretty good rep back in the day. Much as i'd like to step up to a cabinet saw with 3 HP--this one would tempt me at $500 with the fence and no miter gauge. Nice saw and looks well kept Brian!!

When I bought my sawstop, I sold my old tablesaw, which was not as nice as the one pictured, for something in the $50-$100 range. So there probably is some resale value. In my case, the person that bought it had 2 houses, and had a nice tablesaw at his other (distant) house and wanted just something to work with while being local.
    I guess the question is more if it is worth selling, or as OP noted, giving to a friend - I think that depends more on what that price point is vs what you can sell it for. It might be worth just asking that circle if anyone is interested, and see if they might make you any offer, and then evaluate that compared to what you might actually get (taking into account there may be extra hassle selling it to an unknown person)