Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fastest Postal Carrier in the Country

Blog Entries

Fastest Postal Carrier in the Country

Sometimes the USPS Informed Delivery is on the ball.

Sometimes the show the foibles of our modern Postal Service.(like the time my package got a ride up and down the west coast a couple of times.)

Sometimes they seem to be smoking something rather powerful.

That is what today's "Informed Delivery" seems to indicate:

Informed Delivery Notice.png

Someone is going to have to be moving pretty fast for that to get here today from Michigan.

I'm not going to wait by the mailbox.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Satuday Night Live advertised the "Einstein Express" delivery service for when it absolutley, positively had to be there yesterday.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdaVizbOZVI

Looks like 34 hours, assuming all the times given are local times. It would be a real push by truck (35 hours driving time according to Mr Google Maps) but I hear they have these things called airplanes that go much faster . So maybe there is a chance? I'll bet a dollar (that's 72 cents US) that they make it. You pay the postage for the Loonie.

Blog Entries
    Looks like it is currently in Portland. The tracking predicts tomorrow for delivery.

Screen Shot 2023-12-07 at 5.44.13 PM.png

They usually get it on a truck to Longview in the wee hours of the morning.

They sometimes get ahead of themselves. Other times they get behind of themselves.

It is nice to get the notification of when it has been delivered. Though with spotty cell service out here it sometimes takes a half hour after delivery before the text from the carrier to the computer that sends the email gets it to me.

jtk
    Last edited by Jim Koepke; 12-07-2023 at 8:52 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Must be a relative of the guy who decided Florida was the quickest way to Vermont when my package was already in Vermont.
    tracking.JPG

So, did it arrive or do I owe you a loonie?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Zeller View Post
    Must be a relative of the guy who decided Florida was the quickest way to Vermont when my package was already in Vermont.
    tracking.JPG
    That is incredibly... pathetic.
    And the people who run the Postal system keep saying they need more money.
    Yet, I suppose it does cost money to keep sending the same package on unnecessary 1200+ mile trips, especially when it happens hundreds? thousands? of times a year.
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    So, did it arrive or do I owe you a loonie?
    If your asking me, my only package from Canada spent more time in Customs than it did in the hands of the USPS. It arrived in my mail awhile ago. It is strange that it went through customs because it was a product made in the USofA.

jtk

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    If your asking me, my only package from Canada spent more time in Customs than it did in the hands of the USPS. It arrived in my mail awhile ago. It is strange that it went through customs because it was a product made in the USofA.

jtk
    Mmmm, I thought it was coming from Michigan?

I have had my share of shipping issues. I have had packages shipped from Germany, arrive in Canada in two days only to sit in Montreal ( two hours away)for two weeks.
    Had one package shipped from Toronto, (5 hours away) drove past my place into Ottawa ( 1 hour away) then they sent it back to Toronto and told me it wasn't packaged correctly.
    I shipped a machine to a company, they received a pallet of cement, took two weeks to find the machine.

The most recent.
    Wednesday Shipped a 2750 table saw from my place (near Ottawa) to Santa Ana California 4500 km away, got and email an hour after it was picked up saying it was delivered. Now that's impressive! LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    Mmmm, I thought it was coming from Michigan?
    Yes, but your profile shows you in Canada and I did get a package from Canada recently.

Besides, my last post on this came in near my bedtime.

jtk

Blog Entries
    Looks like it is set to arrive:

Screen Shot 2023-12-08 at 12.56.17 PM.png

We shall see.

jtk

I know that postal workers see lots of packages during the day but I wonder if they get a heads up when one package passes twice though a facility? On the 4th mine was at the Phillipsburg NJ location. It just found it''s way back to it. It took a 4 day round trip to Vermont, NH, Florida, and now back to Phillipsburg NJ. I'm actually looking forward to seeing which state it goes to next. Too bad each location doesn't put a stamp on the package (like a passport).

I am expecting some medical supplies that have been shipped from Hudson, Ohio to me in Streetsboro, Ohio, approx. 20 miles. Package was sent from Hudson to the USPS postal center in Akron. All mail in this area goes thru Akron. From Akron it went to Bethlehem, PA. From there to Philadelphia, PA then back to Akron. Next leg Akron sent it to Cleveland who sent it back to Akron.

I also recently had a bill payment that took three months to make it 35 miles. Fortunately there was no late fee.

Glad I pay most bills electronically thru my bank.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Blog Entries
    Glad I pay most bills electronically thru my bank.
    The occasional piece of misdirected mail is the main reason I try to have payments made to me electronically.

The other part is it saves me the hassle of going to the bank.

jtk