Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oreo's

Makes me sad too. I suggest telling her , “ To save the icing for DAD”

Just plain Trad Oreos for me, dunked in very cold milk.
    When I was still at home a package of Oreos weighed 16 oz. and there was only one size (and one flavor), excepting the vending machine package of 6
    Last edited by Patty Hann; 12-12-2023 at 1:19 AM.
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

Blog Entries
    I like my milk so very cold I know just how long it takes in the freezer until ice forms its first layer of slushy milk across the top.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I have to confess. At bedtime I am a milk and cookies guy. My fave is HARD raisin oatmeal cookies.

Don't tell anyone.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Hann View Post
    When I was still at home a package of Oreos weighed 16 oz. and there was only one size (and one flavor), excepting the vending machine package of 6
    Dunking Oreo's in milk is an addiction all it's own. To late for me to be rehabbed now though.

I was able to kick the habit of home squeezed milk from a Jersey cow though. Fond memories of the creamy bits on my cereal though. Growing up on the farm was a wonderful thing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas McCurnin View Post
    Not sure I understand the concern, as food products are sold by weight.
    Sure, but they reduce the weight by say 10%, and still sell for the same price. They might keep the cookie count the same, but then reduce the size of the individual cookies. Nobody is accusing the manufacturers of not changing the weights on the package.

A lot of people would rather pay a little more than have the product size or package size reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    Sure, but they reduce the weight by say 10%, and still sell for the same price. They might keep the cookie count the same, but then reduce the size of the individual cookies. Nobody is accusing the manufacturers of not changing the weights on the package.

A lot of people would rather pay a little more than have the product size or package size reduced.
    That's called "ShrinkFlation" and has been a trend for awhile now...sadly. Same price for less stuff, basically, even though visually, it appears you are getting the same thing when it's on the store shelf.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Since they have been available, we have only buying the Oreo "Thins" in an effort to reduce our sugar intake. As I am allergic to chocolate (and diabetic), we prefer the lemon stuffed vanilla ones.
    NOW you tell me...

it is a little independent out fit, but often has the same stuff as the Grocery Outlet store nearby. Just sometimes a lot stranger. 15 yrs ago, they had Hawaiian Bread and Butter pickles. Each jar had pineapple chunks in with the pickles, as well as a jalapeno pepper. Sweet and far too hot. I never eat potato chips but one day they had Bacon Maple flavored chips. Bacon and Maple are my favs so I bought a bag and went back for a case.

You mention garlic bologna. round here there is something called ring bologna. coarse ground meat, cured and smoked inside a 3 inch diameter casing that is tied into a ring shape. i.e. ring bologna, available plain, garlic or honey. great stuff. nothing like the Oscar Mayer crap.

We enjoy the occasional DiGiorno Supreme pizza. The pepperoni on them has become paper thin. You literally cannot pull a piece off to enjoy on its own. They just tear.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson