Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: veritas hold down handle

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Barber View Post
    Hi Carl, That is a side effect of the Textured Print plate in my Bambu Carbon X1. The top of the knob is the first layer being printed and consequently it mirrors the surface of the print plate. Said another way the knob is printed upside down. I like that effect.
    Understood - this is why I wondered. I use blue tape sometimes on my bed but it doesnt give that texture (gives 'some' texture but that came out nice). So was wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McCarthy View Post
    Dan, you are a class act. Good on you, sir.
    +1. Well done Dan!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Beckett View Post
    Understood - this is why I wondered. I use blue tape sometimes on my bed but it doesnt give that texture (gives 'some' texture but that came out nice). So was wondering.
    Yes, it's pretty neat Carl. I really like this Bambu printer. The removable print plates are great, they have several available. They are pretty thin, like 18 gauge and they attach magnetically to the main bed. The best part is; when the print is done you can get the plate to flex by removing it from the main bed, the flex breaks the printed part loose form the plate, easy-peasy.

The printer was retirement gift from my company, I had a Flashforge before this. No comparison, it's now at my sons house.
    Last edited by Dan Barber; 12-21-2023 at 7:47 PM.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
    Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the decision." Ben Franklin

I'd like 2 please. Thanks,
    dp

Thanks Don,
    I've got two for you. If you don't mind, please PM me your address when it's convenient.

If you're willing, I'd love live 2 as well. Happy to PayPal the shipping cost. Will message you

It's a beauty Dan! I can tighten my Veritas hold down comfortably now. Thank you!!

veritas hold down 1.jpgveritas hold down 2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rainey View Post
    It's a beauty Dan! I can tighten my Veritas hold down comfortably now. Thank you!!

veritas hold down 1.jpgveritas hold down 2.jpg
    So pleased to be able to help Mark. Enjoy!

Dang, looks stock to me!

SMC at its best!

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Dale View Post
    SMC at its best!
    Exactly my wife's and I exact words 2 minutes ago. SMC never ceases to amaze me with the generosity and tight community here. I'm proud to be a member of SMC and look forward to visiting almost every day after a long day of work.

Dan, I can't express how appreciative I am to see you donate your time and energy to help others and myself out to make a good tool into an amazingly useful tool! Just an amazing place here at SMC....I guess I already said that.

Thanks all for the kind words. I have been incredibly blessed in life, I have spent my life learning, earning and growing as a person for 45+ years of working. I have now reached the point in life here I can give back to others. I love to solve problems and design solutions to those problems. That was my career as an automation engineer and it's just stuck to me now. I've added a little feature that should make it easy for the folks about to get their knobs. I have included a brass threaded insert that is heat set into the knob, included will be a brass set screw and allen wrench that will allow securing the "over knob" to the original. I'm waiting for some boxes, tape and allen wrenches (Come on Amazon). Once those arrive, I'll be sending these out.

PXL_20231227_222855043.jpg

PXL_20231227_222932679.jpg
    Last edited by Dan Barber; 12-27-2023 at 5:37 PM.

Nice modification Dan! I am very happy with mine - I suppose I have the only "original" handle, and perhaps my children can sell it on eBay for big bucks after I am gone!