Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SlingTV ??

Pat, Hulu, ESPN and Disney+ are essentially all one service and all owned by Disney. In fact, they are moving toward combining Hulu and Disney+ under one app this coming year. I don't even watch sports and ESPN (multiple feeds) been part of my Hulu plan for a few years now...'couldn't drop it when I had the Hulu+ LiveTV and when I turned off the LiveTV part two months ago (not really watching anything that way) ESPN was still included.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Pat, Hulu, ESPN and Disney+ are essentially all one service and all owned by Disney. In fact, they are moving toward combining Hulu and Disney+ under one app this coming year. I don't even watch sports and ESPN (multiple feeds) been part of my Hulu plan for a few years now...'couldn't drop it when I had the Hulu+ LiveTV and when I turned off the LiveTV part two months ago (not really watching anything that way) ESPN was still included.
    You know, I had forgotten ESPN is still part of the Disney empire. Seems to me that would be a good option for the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Saffold View Post
    I would like to watch the college bowl games but don’t have cable. I get my TV with an antenna the size of a record album. That gets me anything I want to watch- which isn’t much. Jeopardy and pbs shows.
    I do have high speed cable but I have a dumb tv.
    I don’t want to get into buying boxes, sticks etc. or a cable tv package that I won’t watch the rest of the year.
    I was looking at streaming ESPN and saw an advert for SlingTV. Looks like I can sign up for monthly service rather than by the year.
    Does anyone have experience with SlingTV (orange package) or any other cheap way to watch ESPN on my laptop (MacBook)?
    I want something I can get out of easily.
    Thanks for helping a streaming neanderthal.
    I have Youtube TV for football. It's going away the day after the Super Bowl, I'll resubscribe to something next August. Roku has a good amount of free content on their Roku channel. Even when we had cable ($147/mo.) I'd watch less than 6 channels. There are 'apps' on Roku for local news for free. They're nothing but repeating local news though.