Thread: I'm out

I'm out

I have been a contributor for years. Today I clicked Brian Holcombe's thread and found myself summarily demoted to peasant status as a member. This has happened every year. I used to grimace at the wording with no grace period, but tolerated the incivility of this reminder. No longer. I am out.
    Best regards,
    Bruce Mack

Bruce Mack
    , you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    3. Click here for information on viewing pictures.
    4. If you are interested in upgrading your account, you can click here to donate.

Blog Entries
    Could this be because it is time for your annual $6 minimum donation for picture viewing? I hope that's all that it is. I just re-uped mine.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Wow!

I get the same message from time to time also. In fact, probably at least once per year.
    It just means it's time to remember my PayPal password.
    Lighten up dude, it's just a computer generated message. No one is singling you out.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

I get a notification via email every year that my subscription is about to expire. I believe it arrives about a month before the expiration date. I simply click on the Donate button again and send in my yearly donation. As a result my contributor status never lapses.
    And there was trouble, taking place...

Blog Entries
    I don’t understand the peasant comment?

Well, I’m sorry to see you go. I check my expiration date every year and just make sure I’m paid up. If I miss it, it’s my own goof - I don’t personally see the automated system response as uncivil. I didn’t know we could set it up to send an email.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I think that's just an automated response as well. I accidentally reported the $6 as a fraudulent charge one year. Took me a while to figure out what it was!

I find as I get older I use the calendar, Google or Apple, to set up reminders for reoccurring things. It's easy to set them up to reoccur with what ever frequency you choose. Life insurance payments, furnace filter replacements, flush water heater and septic filters, etc. Things that are easy to lose track of. I don't like to count on getting a reminder. Some businesses are good about it, some not so much.

Blog Entries
    "I'm out" is a feeling I have often. Particularly regarding Internet forums. I want to prove that I know a little while trying to learn a lot. So far my experience with the internet confirms that I have a lot to learn. I have certainly learned a lot at SMC and other forums.
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 12-26-2023 at 9:16 PM.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Blog Entries
    As noted above you should have received an email warning that your subscription is about to expire. MOst likely your email filtering blocked the emai or placed it in you trash folder for a message from sawmillcreek.org
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute