Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Tools

Based on the good advice from Creakers, I bought myself a Wen 7.25 track saw, 2 Makita 55" tracks, a Freud blade, TSO guide rail connectors and a Cen-Tec Systems 94192 Quick Click 16 Ft. Hose for Home and Shop Vacuums.
    I would still like to get a much shorter track compatible with Makita et.al.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Saffold View Post
    Based on the good advice from Creakers, I bought myself a Wen 7.25 track saw, 2 Makita 55" tracks, a Freud blade, TSO guide rail connectors and a Cen-Tec Systems 94192 Quick Click 16 Ft. Hose for Home and Shop Vacuums.
    I would still like to get a much shorter track compatible with Makita et.al.
    Paul, Makia has a 39" available...$81 on Amazon. For a little less, you could buy the two pack of WEN and cut one down to a couple of "shorties". I have the short Makita and use it with my Festool saw in the shop and house for general utility as I've mentioned previously.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks Jim, looks like I might be finding a worksharp under the tree before it's put away for the year. Looks way easier than my honing guide setup I'm currently using, and the price is right.

My wife is claiming Christmas credit for the bandsaw (g0513x2bf) I got earlier this month, and given she helped me get it into my basement, I think that definitely counts.

Not a tool, but I thought it appropriate here just the same:
    PXL_20231227_163134406.jpg
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
    Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the decision." Ben Franklin

Thanks for the tips about tracks. I will look around to see what tracks are available locally. If I can't find any, I will order a short track and a REALLY long track.

After 80+ years Santa finally delivered. I figured my list got lost in the mail, or possibly there was some naughtiness going on, but I'm putting on my protective gear and waiting for the mauraders...oh, and I did get a nice shinto rasp and some 3-2-1 set up blocks too.
    BB -IMG_9672.jpg, BB-IMG_9671.jpg

Narex Richter Chisels from the Mrs.

PXL_20231227_170050012.jpg
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
    Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the decision." Ben Franklin

Santa brought me three woodworking books (including Understanding Wood) and a Dewalt compact router kit with plunge and fixed bases.

I'm now saving for a Hammer A3-41 jointer/planer. Acutally, I have the money saved for it and a new dust collector, but I promised my wife I would finish the deck I started building this fall before I bought a large tool. So it's looking like late Spring before I can order it. By that time I might have enough for a Laguna 18BX bandsaw as well. One can hope!

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Calver View Post
    After 80+ years Santa finally delivered. I figured my list got lost in the mail, or possibly there was some naughtiness going on, but I'm putting on my protective gear and waiting for the mauraders...oh, and I did get a nice shinto rasp and some 3-2-1 set up blocks too.
    BB -IMG_9672.jpg, BB-IMG_9671.jpg
    You'll shoot your eye out...

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

Ted, I had to look that up, that’s fantastic.

I don’t remember Red Ryder BB guns, mine from childhood wasn’t that fancy, might be different models sold in different countries.

Regards, Rod

Edward, sounds like you received some really nice tools.

I received donation receipts for Christmas dinner for 100 people at a local charity, and a couple for animal welfare organizations.

I don’t normally accept presents however we spent Christmas with my daughter and we all received matching pj’s.

Facetune_27-12-2023-08-17-26.jpg

Regards, Rod

I got a couple of long time longings. Track saw and mitre saw.

MW_tracksaw.jpgKs129.jpg
    "The element of competition has never worried me, because from the start, I suppose I realized wood contains so much inspiration and beauty and rhythm that if used properly it would result in an individual and unique object." - James Krenov

What you do speaks so loud, I cannot hear what you say. -R. W. Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Christopher View Post
    I got a couple of long time longings. Track saw and mitre saw.

MW_tracksaw.jpgKs129.jpg
    Did your track saw come with a track?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Germain View Post
    Did your track saw come with a track?

It did. I even designed and 3d printed end caps for it to protect them.

Rail_capon.jpg
    "The element of competition has never worried me, because from the start, I suppose I realized wood contains so much inspiration and beauty and rhythm that if used properly it would result in an individual and unique object." - James Krenov

What you do speaks so loud, I cannot hear what you say. -R. W. Emerson

Probably a little late for this thread. The missus gifted me a DeWalt cordless router, will be putting it to good use this weekend on my projects. Also got some clamps, will never have enough of those.