Thread: Triquetra zero

Triquetra zero

I have a Next Wave Shark HD510.
    I previously had a Xcarve 500x500 and used a Triquetra zeroing plate to zero the XY and Z. I also used Picsender to send the data to the Xcsarve. Does anyone know if there is anything out there available to zero the x y and z on the Next Wave Shark HD510? I really liked the Triquetra and Picsender but it appears they are not compatible with the Next Wave equipment.
    Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 12-26-2023 at 1:03 PM. Reason: Defaulted formating for readability on large screens
    TROTEC Laser, Roland SP300,SAWGRASS SG1000 Sublimation Printer, Q1 Mod New Hermes Vanguard 3400 Engraver, Daige Laminator, Next Wave Shark HD510 CNC

Contrary to YouTube you don’t need one of those. A high end zero setter is more accurate and repeatable anyway. Besides there are numerous ways to set XY fast and easy.

That said what can be convenient is touch probe for setting z or tool changes as I mentioned above. I don’t have your CNC but I found this.

https://nextwavecnc.com/product/shark-cnc-touch-plate/

Thank you, I do have the Z touch plate, it works great.
    I would be interested in ways to zero the xy.
    I'm used to setting my 0 to the bottom left corner and moving the bit to that point of the material seems like there is room for error.
    TROTEC Laser, Roland SP300,SAWGRASS SG1000 Sublimation Printer, Q1 Mod New Hermes Vanguard 3400 Engraver, Daige Laminator, Next Wave Shark HD510 CNC

Does your CNC have G55+ offsets? These are good for fixturing. That said, who cares if XY is off a little? What matters is that if you batch multiple pieces you have a fixture or dogs or just some double-sided sticky tape boards for repeat placement.

Also, when you’re milling something out, don’t you have some waste? That will easily accommodate a little error.

I’m not telling you what to do, but I promise it is NOT necessary.

Thank you!