Thread: Bought a new honeycomb table from Epilog - wrong thickness

Bought a new honeycomb table from Epilog - wrong thickness

Merry belated Christmas everyone!

So I recently damaged the 1/2" honeycomb table in my epilog Mini via fire, and ordered a replacement directly from Epilog. They took down my serial number, and year of manufacture (mine is a 2006 Epilog Mini 24) but ended up sending a honeycomb table that is 1" thick instead of the 1/2" one that my machine needs. This 1" thick frame doesn't fit under the spring loaded rulers in the machine.

What do you all think? Should I try to get a replacement from them or is there some sort of an adjustment I can make to fit the 1" frame fit within my lasercutter?

There are a couple of photos below - one is how the 1" frame sits under the rulers, and the other showing the comparison between the old damaged one and the new 1" frames.

IMG_9703.jpg

IMG_9702.jpg

Thanks all!
    ------------
    0l0id

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg Mikhailik View Post
    Merry belated Christmas everyone!

So I recently damaged the 1/2" honeycomb table in my epilog Mini via fire, and ordered a replacement directly from Epilog. They took down my serial number, and year of manufacture (mine is a 2006 Epilog Mini 24) but ended up sending a honeycomb table that is 1" thick instead of the 1/2" one that my machine needs. This 1" thick frame doesn't fit under the spring loaded rulers in the machine.

What do you all think? Should I try to get a replacement from them or is there some sort of an adjustment I can make to fit the 1" frame fit within my lasercutter?

There are a couple of photos below - one is how the 1" frame sits under the rulers, and the other showing the comparison between the old damaged one and the new 1" frames.

IMG_9703.jpg

IMG_9702.jpg

Thanks all!
    ------------
    0l0id
    I would call Epilog and inform them of the difference, and see what they say. If that's a valid replacement, they should be able to tell you what exactly needs to be done to fit it in. If they sent you the wrong part, they should make good and send you the correct part. Epilog support is great, and I have no doubt that either way, they will assist you in the correct operation to be done.
    Epilog Fusion Pro 48 - 120 Watt
    OMG Laser 60W JPT MOPA Fiber
    Mimaki UJF-6042MkII e UV Printer

This actually happened to me a few months ago.....Epilog ended up sending me a new free "tub" because the honeycomb grid fits in the newer Epilog models, but not in the older machines.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw