Thread: Bandsaw and leather

Bandsaw and leather

Would it be possible to cut a leather gun holster (basically trim off the snaps) by using a bandsaw? or am I asking for trouble? If not, what would be a better solution?

I would say yes IF you can get it flat to the table, if not then I would use an Exacto knife.

I've always used metal-cutting snips of various shapes for leather...unless you're talking about elephant hide, I can't see why you'd want to use a power saw.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

gee, I forgot about my snips. Thanks

A circular cutting blade, attached to a handle, is a great cutting tool for leather. - -it looks like a miniture pizza cutter but is sharp as a razor. Sewing stores have them. I have tried everything else and the results are never satisfactory.