Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for Storage Shed Advice

I agree, Jim. It's very interesting. My brother was a truck driver and used to haul oak logs for BBQ restaurants. He would get the logs from Amish lumberjacks in Missouri. They owned thousands of acres of wooded land. They used chainsaws and heavy equipment to cut and haul the trees as well as load them onto my brother's truck. My brother got to know them pretty well and one family invited him to a meal. They ate in the basement to avoid the oppressive Missouri summer and sat around a big table. My brother really enjoyed the experience. Apparently, that particular family used power tools and power equipment to harvest logs, but there was no electricity in their home.

This thread made me curious so I checked. Sure enough, our "Amish shed" is an "Amish made shed" - made by Alpine Structures.
    They claim to be an Amish owned business.

Honestly - I don't care one way or another - as long as it's decent quality & they stand behind what they make, they could be Baal worshippers or Moabites.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    This thread made me curious so I checked. Sure enough, our "Amish shed" is an "Amish made shed" - made by Alpine Structures.
    They claim to be an Amish owned business.

Honestly - I don't care one way or another - as long as it's decent quality & they stand behind what they make, they could be Baal worshippers or Moabites.
    Too funny
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

I bought some lumber from a lumberyard about 60 miles away. They also sold sheds. They didn't advertise them as Amish made, but the owner told me he employs Amish to build the sheds. I saw some of the workers putting together sheds and their dress sure looked like they were Amish.

The Amish don't have the same rules nationwide. My understanding is the local church can be more or less strict than other Amish churches. I understand that some Amish business owners even have cell phones to support their business. They may also be allowed to have electricity, phones, computers, and the like in their businesses in order to do business.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    I bought some lumber from a lumberyard about 60 miles away. They also sold sheds. They didn't advertise them as Amish made, but the owner told me he employs Amish to build the sheds. I saw some of the workers putting together sheds and their dress sure looked like they were Amish.

The Amish don't have the same rules nationwide. My understanding is the local church can be more or less strict than other Amish churches. I understand that some Amish business owners even have cell phones to support their business. They may also be allowed to have electricity, phones, computers, and the like in their businesses in order to do business.
    I'm not an expert on the Amish, but I do know each community has their own Ordnung. Oh, I also know that "Amish Mafia" TV show was complete fakery.