Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ordering From Rockler Online

Ordering From Rockler Online

Has anyone had problems with orders place on Rockler's website?

I'm having problems with an order I placed just before Christmas for some Bessey Parallel clamps.
    Bessey Clamps 1 .jpg
    They were on sale for $159 & they probably sold out quickly, even thou the website showed them in-stock!
    In the meantime, I'm getting the run-around on whether or not they will be back in stock soon or if I'll just get my money back?

Doug

Question, did Rockler say they were on backorder? If not, and if they indeed did ship, were they shipped SurePost? If that is the case, it may take a while fpr them to arrive. SurePost is not a priority with the USPS. I've had large items sit on a pallet for over 2 weeks because of this. I had to call my local Post Office to complain and they got to the bottom of it. Clheck with Rockler, then your local P.O.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Eure View Post
    Question, did Rockler say they were on backorder?
    No, they just told me that they were being "Picked" which I assumed meant they would be shipped or at least a shipping # assigned to them?
    I could understand if they were backordered or possibly not available any longer, but to not give me any information on their status is concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Eure View Post
    if they indeed did ship, were they shipped SurePost?
    Yeah, that's the confusing part, they're not giving me any information other than they were picked. If they were indeed picked & waiting to be shipped through SurePost wouldn't I at least get a shipping #

I've checked with UPS "My Choice" & the Post Office "Informed Delivery" and nothing shows up coming from Rockler.

Doug

I made 3 orders before Christmas and all arrived promptly and without issue.

From what I have read/heard and my own experience about Online ordering from Rockler...kind of a crap shoot.
    Seems it is not uncommon to order something that appears to be in stock (not flag saying it isn't) but it's out of stock, or at least can't be delivered in a timely manner.
    The problem doesn't seem to be related to high demand items that may sell out quickly, especially during a sale.
    The order eventually shows up, if one is willing to wait. Or you can cancel the order.
    I am seldom in a hurry for an order, so I just wait it out.
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

All my Christmas presents ordered on line out of the 20% off catalog coupon sale came quickly.

I think "an order I placed just before Christmas", says it all. Never ordered from Rockler but I don't order anything online less than week before Christmas unless it is an emergency.

Any orders that I've placed with Rockler in the past year or so have come remarkably quickly. Professor Dr. SWMBO ordered the portable drill guide for me about a week before Christmas and it was under the tree. That said, "what" you ordered could be a factor along with where it's shipping from as well as when you ordered. It may be worth launching a call to them during normal business hours to see if it can be tracked down if you continue to not see it shipped.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Hann View Post
    From what I have read/heard and my own experience about Online ordering from Rockler...kind of a crap shoot.
    Seems it is not uncommon to order something that appears to be in stock (not flag saying it isn't) but it's out of stock, or at least can't be delivered in a timely manner.
    Well, I finally heard back from Rockler & it looks like they're just going to cancel the order.

From Rockler
    Thank you again for your order. We are aware that you have been patiently awaiting the following merchandise which was oversold and not available for immediate shipment. We regret to inform you that we will not be getting this item in, and we will have to cancel the item off of this order. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    I think "an order I placed just before Christmas", says it all.
    I was just trying to take advantage of the $20 off of a $100 or more coupon "including sale price items" that expired on Christmas Eve.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Walls View Post
    Well, I finally heard back from Rockler & it looks like they're just going to cancel the order.

From Rockler

Thank you again for your order. We are aware that you have been patiently awaiting the following merchandise which was oversold and not available for immediate shipment. We regret to inform you that we will not be getting this item in, and we will have to cancel the item off of this order. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Doug
    Forgive my cynicism, but unless Bessey is no longer making those clamps, Rockler's answer should have been: We regret to inform you that we will not be getting this item in anytime in the next [time frame].
    They probably oversold it and will lose a substantial profit if they actually follow through on all the outstanding orders.
    They will (I'm betting) soon get clamps in stock and you can order them then... at full price.
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Walls View Post
    I was just trying to take advantage of the $20 off of a $100 or more coupon "including sale price items" that expired on Christmas Eve.

Doug
    Ask them for consideration as you used their offer in good faith. While they likely had language somewhere about availability, etc., there is no harm in asking them to allow you to use that holiday offer on something else, assuming there is something else you want/need.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Hann View Post
    They probably oversold it and will lose a substantial profit if they actually follow through on all the outstanding orders.
    They will (I'm betting) soon get clamps in stock and you can order them then... at full price.
    Yeah, this was a pretty good sale so I can see why they sold out!
    It probably didn't help that I waited too long to place the order.

Rockler probably realized that they were not making a good profit on them & stopped selling the set.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Ask them for consideration as you used their offer in good faith.
    I tried something like that, along with getting 4 of the 18" clamps & two of the 24" clamps. it would have still been a 6-piece set just without the 36" clamps that were in the original set, but they said they couldn't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    assuming there is something else you want/need.
    There's always something wanted or needed.

Doug

I planned on ordering those, I waited too long, and the website said no longer available. Amazon had them for more money, they arrive tomorrow. I should not have snoozed, but I did and waited too long.