Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Dust Collector Help

Blog Entries
    I was recently between the G700 and supercell. Went with G700 since it’s quieter. This unit will be for the lathe and shaper.

I have an Oneida cyclone (plastic model), and I’m not thrilled with it. Been using it for years and it seems to constantly put material into the filter. I may replace it with either another G700, or Al-Ko depending on how much longer I can deal with the thing.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

I have a Laguna c-flux 3 and it's ducted to all the tools in my shop with 6" 26g stove pipe hvac ducts, dropped down to 4 to connect to the tools. It did have one failure on the contactor device and Laguna sent me out the entire switch/control board unit without question, while under warranty. I've been happy with it and emptying it is a piece of cake compared to the single stage I used to have.
    Distraction could lead to dismemberment!

Blog Entries
    The Harvey is in, delivered yesterday and I installed it. So far I'm very impressed by this machine, it's made beautifully, nice and quiet.

My only complaint is that I think they should have the rotary disconnect switch on the same side as the VFD panel. I have it backed against a wall, so I setup the electrical to have a disconnect at the wall and just leave the rotary in the armed position.

Outside of that minor gripe, I hooked it up to the shaper, seems like it should work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Holcombe View Post
    My only complaint is that I think they should have the rotary disconnect switch on the same side as the VFD panel. I have it backed against a wall, so I setup the electrical to have a disconnect at the wall and just leave the rotary in the armed position.
    I had the same "complaint" (which I did make back to them) about the main power disconnect being on the back of the unit. It's fine if it's mobile, but if it's installed back to the wall like it is in my shop and many others who use the system with duct work, the only way to kill the power to the VFD is by either unplugging or killing the breaker in the panel. I'm using the breaker currently, but bought a rotary switch to make up an alternative main cutoff between the 240v wall outlet and the cord of the unit. Because of the heavy steel construction, merely relocating the OEM main switch somewhere else on the unit isn't going to happen.

I think you're going to enjoy the G700. I really like being able to "dial it back" a little when I don't need maximum performance which in turn lowers the already reasonable sound level. I only use it "cranked" when milling at the jointer/thicknesser in my shop.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Looking forward to putting it to work!