Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: if you want to get confused

if you want to get confused

Ive paid attention to diet stuff over the years and more and more its gets more confusing. Last night went from the benefits of pumpkin seeds to the next video gundry saying they are evil.

Weeks back three friends said they had prostate cancer or enlarged. There are you tubes that say dont eat tomatoes nightshade family and have this in them then same time there are other you tubes that say testing has proven they lower the risk of prostate cancer.

Even saw one saying Kale was evil so I should be dead by now. This might be my last post, I can hear a few of you clapping.

All these guys know their stuff and are experts but the fact is they have never contradicted each other more.

Up to now been steel cut oats with hulled and raw sunflower seeds added and cinnamon then covered in frozen blue berries every day then Milk on top. I think gundry has said not to eat oatmeal if not him then others and likely not to have milk. Do have one friend who years ago said he didnt drink milk and his reasons why.

Starting tomorrow im going on a strike sawdust diet. I will skip pressure treated though.

I hear you. I wouldn't put much stock into those YouTube videos. They are intended to get views and nothing more; definitely sensationalism over science.

I've been following the subject of diet for decades. One consistency which comes up again and again is that a Mediterranean diet is healthy for most anyone. I would really like to focus on such a diet, but Mrs. Pat absolutely refuses to eat most of those foods. No onion, no mushrooms, no olives, nothing other than white bread and no seafood of any kind. Hard to eat healthy by myself when I live with someone else.

Hahaha, I will give you some good advice,

Eat whatever you want,
    drink lots of good red wine ( no Merlot) and good beer ( not that crap made by 12 year old kids, that taste like grapefruit juice with Citra hops)
    Don't, whatever you do, drink Water! it is a breeding ground for every disease on the planet. Think about it it is just recycled dinosaur piss.
    Give up all that "healthy" crap, it will kill you.
    Stay away from hospitals and doctors, they will kill faster than poison will.
    If you have to go to the hospital for an operation, take a lawyer with you.

anyway, it's beer-o-clock, gotta run.
    Last edited by Mark Hennebury; 01-03-2024 at 3:33 PM.

thanks very good Mark

A neighbour always drank in his garage and odd time when cutting the lawn roped me in. I stopped drinking beer then realized it was his crap canadian beer from a big conglomerate. Over the holidays a friend was here from Luxemberg so I picked up several different German beers Edinger and and. Enjoyed them all.

Friends mom was a nurse and warned him to stay away from hospitals. Right now morale has never been worse. One of our esteemed leaders thought what can I do to buy votes leaders and choose to not charge us and even refund us for license plates. The billions saved could have gone to nurses and health care and Long Term and important things we will and do need from time to time. enough have quit the profession and enough are thinking about it.

On the water there is the whole flouride thing so im so dumb downed now I think a craftsman radial arm is a high end tool. Every time I think of tap water I think of what its made from and its more than just dinasour piss in there. Even my neighbours contributed. They do water testing in lakes and find all kinds of stuff like whatever drugs people are on. One friend who has done tons of work in Haiti a past toronto Fireman once told me to at least drink water and I got it. He knew I worked long hours at times and didnt take the time to eat so least water sustains us. now though from your dinasour comment im a bit concerned.

Oh and white bread is crap I remember years ago say 30 or more a guy saying he didnt eat bread as it was too high on the glycemic index. I get there are some good breads around. Other bread you have to "Wonder" what value it has. Find myself looking at the grocery store at what people are eating. There are so many overweight people here. Now I see people in their 20's already overweight. In school young there was maybe one person or two in the whole school. Welcome to the world of ultra processed food and sitting on our butts. At least we were out playing road hockey as soon as we got home from school.
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 01-03-2024 at 2:22 PM.

Warren, just don't eat walnut sawdust.
    < insert spurious quote here >

Thanks Stan for the care. I learned from Darrell and his other brother Darrell that the "f" was not right.

What if their parents named them both Darrell and Darrel and they were identical twins.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    Warren, just don't eat walnut sawdust.
    But then are you really living?

"Everything in moderation" Is the only thing I trust to be fact when it comes to doctor recommendations.

Diets are what people think about the first week of the new year. I decided that was too much of a waste of time, so I limited thinking about it to before breakfast on the first.

Im not normal people Tom im like you in some ways and others id like to be. Likely ive eaten most different sawdust now for many years. had to at times get a mask out if my nose was bleeding like from some Mahoganies.

Ive been paying attention to food for some amount for many years and dont eat the crap that some eat cause it has no value other than to the company making crap and there are enough that do. No reason other than for money and they still find an audience for it.

No new years resolutions either. Same as christmas all of a sudden being nice to people doesnt fly its a full time job not a few days of the year.
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 01-03-2024 at 3:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    One of my favorite quotes on being confused:

Edward Murrow on Being Confused.png

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by George Yetka View Post
    But then are you really living?

"Everything in moderation" Is the only thing I trust to be fact when it comes to doctor recommendations.
    'Zactly.... I eat Oreos; But I don't eat the whole package.
    I agree with the Mediterranean Diet, tho'.
    I like almost everything in it and I'm sure it has helped keep all my "test scores" where they should be, not to mention my weight (well ,maybe not quite where it should be , but within 10 lbs ) .
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Hann View Post
    'Zactly.... I eat Oreos; But I don't eat the whole package.
    I agree with the Mediterranean Diet, tho'.
    I like almost everything in it and I'm sure it has helped keep all my "test scores" where they should be, not to mention my weight (well ,maybe not quite where it should be , but within 10 lbs ) .
    3 sittings like me? they come in 3 rows that has to be for a reason.

Don't eat crap
    Burn as much as you put in
    Stay reasonably active
    Everything else is just BS
    JMHO

Do do realize, of course, that "everything" by definition includes moderation.

So, dont' go overboard with this moderation schtick.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

3 sittings like me? they come in 3 rows that has to be for a reason.
    Six a day... max.
    But see, that's only Oreos.
    There's 6 max per day of Fig Newtons, 6 max of Windmill cookies, 6 max of Ginger Snaps .. (shall I go on? ....)
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”