Thread: Securing cabinet to floor

Blog Entries

Securing cabinet to floor

Hi all, I am starting design on a miter saw station. Because I have an older Bosch 10" SCMS, the cabinets will need to be some distance from the wall to allow for the sliding mechanism depth. Therefore, the cabinets will need to be a set distance (currently 11") from the wall. I intend to build a base out of dimensioned 2x4 and use leveling feet, then place the cabinets on top of that base. My question is how would you secure the cabinets to the concrete floor to prevent movement? I am thinking L-Brackets with concrete screws but was wondering if there is a better solution. Also, would you recommend putting bottoms on the cabinets or just spacers? They will only have drawers. Also, the space behind the cabinets will be utilized for running a 6" dust collection piping for the miter saw.
    SMC3.jpgSMC4.jpgSMC5.jpg
    Tim in Hill Country of Texas

I had something similar when I built my miter station and cabinets. I did not secure cabinets to the floor, I secured the back of the cabinets to the wall studs using "U" brackets made from wood. Everything is very solid and no movement.

Blog Entries
    Hi Dan, Like this?
    smc6.jpgsmc7.jpg
    Tim in Hill Country of Texas

Just buy more tools if those drawers aren't heavy enough to stabilize it.

yes, except I ran mine higher to hold my six inch pipe at the level I wanted.