Thread: Hammer A31

Hammer A31

Hello

I bought a new hammer jointer planner and not the happiest with it as it was way out of adjustment. They give you about zero instructions on how to adjust it. I have talked to them a few times and they are very nice but being a weekend warrior its hard to be at home when they call. I'm getting too much snipe on the forward edge of the board. He said I need to adjust the front roller down some. I remove the covers that show the adjusting bolts but I'm not sure what needs to be loosened first. I just don't want to make things worst. I wish they would put out videos showing you how to adjust your 5K machine. Any pictures would be great, Thanks

I still get some snipe on my A3-31 but it's not usually enough to bother me. That said, I haven't yet tried these instructions here: https://lancesworkbench.conryclan.co...-thicknessing/
    And there was trouble, taking place...

Dan,

Here are two files that are extracted from a Felder/Hammer document I found about two years ago. It should help you get a feel for how to address your problem. The document covers many Hammer machines and I have only extracted what seemed pertinent to your question.

I hope this helps,

Jacques
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dan, it’s been a few years since I worked for Felder but I clearly remember Felder USA coming out with some adjustment documents in 2019 or 2020. Like, a series of half a dozen pdfs that addressed common adjustments like what you are mentioning. Your Felder rep should be able tosend them.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

thank you for the help , great site here

Hi Dan, look for Felder TV on YouTube, Felder have videos there showing you exactly adjust you machine, regards, Rod

P.S if you’re still stuck, PM me

Dan,
    Back in 2017-2018 there were multiple posts regarding set-up & tuning of Hammer/Felder JPs. Brian Arbuckle provided several well written, with photos, posts. Search this forum for them,