(John - I understood you were being humorous, and think other will have too)

Bryan - Beautiful job and great shop too! I built this bench about 5 years back and have just been happier and happier with it's functionality over time. Great both both machine-based, and hand tool work.

A couple learnings on my side that might help you as you break it in...

1. Go ahead and get the first ding or spill on it... it's gonna happen, but I promise it simply adds patina. (at least that's what I tell myself)

2. I had a bank of shelves laying around that I quickly cut to size and put underneath the bench... without thinking about how hold downs might bump into them. Had to remove the shelves, shorten them, and reinstall.

3. The raise/lower center stop (or at least, my initial execution of it) is not that useful for how I work. Most of the time, I prefer the opening - so handy for clamping. When installed and in the down position, there's a valley between the two table halves, and stuff falls between still... and I rarely use the up position because I prefer to simply place a block wherever needed and use hold downs. I plan to make a solid version that simply is flush between the two tops for times when I want a no-gap bench top.

4. Whenever I'm re-waxing something else... I give a quick scuff sand to the bench and give it a coat too. Glue drips are rare on this bench (because I glue up elsewhere primarily) but those that do occur scrape right off without damage.