Thread: Cleaning , cleaning, cleaning

Blog Entries

Cleaning , cleaning, cleaning

Haven’t been in my shop since July for various reasons. Seems it never ends.. clean and clean and I guess I’ll clean some more..

I've been doing some cleaning because not only does it need done, but because off my wrist surgery a month and a half ago, I can't really do projects yet. So cleaning and machine maintenance lets me spend time in my "lair", as Professor Dr. SWMBO refers to it.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    I spent time trying to get the yard and stuff done , but most gets thrown with the power tools. I’ve got several air lines that need new ends. Lots of little maintenance projects.

want to get back on the poker tables, but other house projects might make more sense…

I've been there. Cleaning can sometimes feel like a never-ending task. It becomes its own project. Take it one step at a time, brother. You'll be back in no time.

Blog Entries
    Medication the doctors have me on make me loopy. Hard to get serious on projects when you can’t get on the saws…

It's good that you can resist the "call of the blade" in that case...losing body parts makes a bigger mess in the shop to clean up.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    I lost the tips of two fingers in 1985 on the table saw. Been there, done that…

Think about it.. If they had SawStop in 1985 , many of the major accidents might not have happened. My accident might not have been so major…
    Last edited by jack duren; 01-08-2024 at 9:08 AM.

I clean after every project. I’m a serious hobbyist so no major demands for income. I tell my OCD friend that I’ll clean up when the project is finished and BEFORE I start the next one. Usually works out and my shop stays less than a days worth of effort from clean again.

Blog Entries
    I’m so use to cleaning after the job, there is no in between. Old habits are hard to change.

I finally got rid of the last drawer stack I had in the shop. Nothing more than closets in the house full of crap. I’ve been trying to put things in the proper place. If ai have to walk across the shop to get it, it’s too far and needs to be moved closer..
    Last edited by jack duren; 01-08-2024 at 10:12 AM.

I completely redid the storage in my shop over the holidays. Which means, half the shop is still just a pile of crap because I am not sure where its home is yet. On the plus side, I finally got smart enough to toss a whole bunch of random stuff I'd been storing for no good reason. You know, parts of tools I no longer own, random short lengths of dust collection hose. All the stuff that never gets cleaned up. There's just always a huge mess generated in the process.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Blog Entries
    My daughter tried to clean the shop. Tools are the important thing.Everything else is just eating space..