Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NFL,I wish....

Now with AI if Taylor Swift is not dancing in the skybox for your team they can just generate the video to show she is there.
    Claim is more money is spent watching video games then on the NFL. Go to a stadium and watch the big screen while two nerds battle it out. At least NFL has players out off the bench and moving more then their thumbs.
    BilL D

Hmmmm...
    Tough call here.

On one hand, we have the enormously irritating "Ickey Shuffle". (which as a Cleveland Browns fan at the time I saw way too often )

On the other hand, had there been no Ickey Shuffle - there would never have been one of the better and funniest (IMHO) TV commercials ever.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Mcmurry View Post
    come in out of the cold before someone (or 3) freezes to death"
    Here is the latest on the sad story,

https://www.mensjournal.com/news/kan...-drugs-systems
    Best Regards, Maurice

As is so often the case these days, it was drugs, drugs and more drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Germain View Post
    As is so often the case these days, it was drugs, drugs and more drugs.
    Boy, that's the truth. We have a pretty small circle of family and friends. I counted 5 overdose deaths.

Back to Taylor-Travis phenomenon, imagine if today’s social media extravaganza had existed when DiMaggio was dating Marilyn? Anarchy

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    Back to Taylor-Travis phenomenon, imagine if today’s social media extravaganza had existed when DiMaggio was dating Marilyn? Anarchy
    That's a good point. I really don't get the hate for the modern couple. Why can't it just be two people, who happen to be famous, caring for each other?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Germain View Post
    That's a good point. I really don't get the hate for the modern couple. Why can't it just be two people, who happen to be famous, caring for each other?
    Easy. It's all clickbait. A lot of professional "pot"-stirrers out there making a buck on the internet.
    < insert spurious quote here >

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    Easy. It's all clickbait. A lot of professional "pot"-stirrers out there making a buck on the internet.
    Not sure how much money is involved, at least directly. Most of what I've seen is artificial political outrage and response.
    Can't say more, for obvious reasons.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    It does at least calibrate the relative cultural importance of Swift vs Munn/Patrick/Woodley.
    (Or, more on-topic, Kelce vs Rodgers. )
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Blog Entries
    She sure seems like a very sincere human being to me. I just can't hate her.

Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 02-06-2024 at 8:35 PM.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    Not sure how much money is involved, at least directly. Most of what I've seen is artificial political outrage and response.
    Can't say more, for obvious reasons.
    Social media pundits and even sites like this one, typically have sponsorship ads that pays them based on the number of clicks they get. Thus generating artificial outrage makes money.
    < insert spurious quote here >

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Mcmurry View Post
    She sure seems like a very sincere human being to me. I just can't hate her.

I couldn't agree more. She is a wonderful role model for young girls coming of age. And anyone really.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    Social media pundits and even sites like this one, typically have sponsorship ads that pays them based on the number of clicks they get. Thus generating artificial outrage makes money.
    This explains a LOT about our current culture and culture wars.

Yep they call it "Rage Juice!" Quick find somebody to blame or hate. So Sad.