Thread: Installed Colliflower Cube On My Kapex

Installed Colliflower Cube On My Kapex

As the title says I installed the Cube along with the ZCI and I like them both. Of course, the ZCI keeps the thin off cuts from falling into the cavern of no return but the Cube gets rid of those often seen feathers on the backside of cuts. Most importantly for me, the Cube allows me to cut small parts with proper backing and the off cuts don’t go flying to who knows where.
    The Colliflower fence is very well made and fit everything perfectly. Just as with my stock fence, the left side ends up being not exactly coplanar with the right side, likely because of my own unequal forces applied to the saw handle depending on which hand I’m using, a reason I’m not a fan of this handle. That said, it was simple to get the fence sides aligned to give as perfect a 90* as my Woodpecker square could indicate. I also added some nonslip material to the fence, as with my stock fence.
    The Colliflower Cube is a well made addition to the Kapex and enhances its use as I had hoped.

Yep, I really like the cube. Just FYI that you should keep the original printed insert as a template and build your own with wood. The template is great as you can use it on your table saw to pre-setup all necessary cuts. That way the template can’t be damaged and if you need a fresh insert or a different insert depending on angle, it’s available. I milled up a dozen with a piece of 8/4 Maple. I have one for +45 another for -45 and yet another for 90 along with several spares and the template.

Thanks, good advice. I’ll do that.

I've liked mine too. In time they do need replacement, as the cut slowly gets larger in the material.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    I've liked mine too. In time they do need replacement, as the cut slowly gets larger in the material.
    Yes. For the ZCI, they’ve supplied extra inserts. As for the Cube, I could purchase more, print them or make some out of 4x4.

Thats awesome, I didnt know such a thing existed. I was cutting some small stock on my kapex yesterday, thinking this really sucks when small pieces fly away. I have one ordered, thanks!
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

Also didnt know these existed and purchased one last night. I can get rid of my fence against the fence now. This should be the way Festool ships the saw. I make my own zero clearance stuff for table saw and Kapex, its too easy to make to spend money on them

$170 to replace a piece of plywood sub fence? I have a Kapex, but I guess I have to draw the line somewhere on money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rambour View Post
    Also didnt know these existed and purchased one last night. I can get rid of my fence against the fence now. This should be the way Festool ships the saw. I make my own zero clearance stuff for table saw and Kapex, its too easy to make to spend money on them
    Agreed. I designed a fence, milled on my CNC, that matches the contour of the Kapex but I always hated the fact that I had to have a fence in front of the fence. While not cheap, it's at least well made by someone here in the US and does a fantastic job.

. .
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006