Thread: Remodelling a door..

Remodelling a door..

Of the Tool Cabinet....because..
    Tool Cabinet Rebuild, start here.JPG
    This was a mess....hangers weren't doing the job....some were just a couple screws

Found these at Wall E World....about $3 or so each..
    Tool Cabinet Rebuild, new hangers.JPG
    Thought I could use the bench vise to squeeze some of them a bit tighter....and also toss the 2 screws that came with each hanger....too hard to start, and way too long..

Main goal was to gather 80% of the Eggbeater drills into one location...instead of all over the shop....I have 2 BIG eggbeaters that won't fit in the door...like that GP No. 5A in the first picture....those 2 will go over with the Brace drills, later..

Tool Cabinet Rebuild, out of hangers.JPG
    Took a while,,,bend a hanger to fit a drill, mark the spot to hang it up...drive 2 screws..move over a bit, repeat..The 2 Pilot Hole Drills were doubled up onto one hanger by themselves. Still had a couple hangers left....good place to put the hammers? Left the 3oz ball pean on 2 screws..

Finished up door ( for now)..
    Tool Cabinet Rebuild, almost done.JPG
    Not too sure WHAT will go into the big empty area..yet.....need to go back and buy enough of these hangers to hang the Brace drills up, and the 2 HUGE Eggbeaters..

Stay tuned...

This and spending an hour to replace the lockset on the Bathroom door...
    A Planer? I'm the Planer, and this is what I use

Trip to Wall E World this morning...out of stuff for Waffles, out of cold meat....out of Chips to snack on

Also, bought the last 2 hangers like I used the other day...and went ahead and bought the entire box of similar hangers.....and the last 4" spring clamp...

Shop Saturday, Upper Left cabinet.JPGShop Saturday, Upper Right side.JPG
    Because...after the glue-up is set aside for the day...that entire "rack" of brace drills is getting an overhaul...with the new hangers,,,still have a Millers Falls No. 2-01, and a Goodell Pratt Co. No. 5-1/2 to hang up, as well...

Should be an entertaining day...about like watching Mo, Curly, and Shemp...?

Hangers bought..
    Tool Cabinet Remodel 2024, hangers.JPG
    Demo'd out the old rack, and started to install new hangers..
    Tool Cabinet Remodel 2024, 1st hanger.JPG
    A big empty spot, soon to be filled up..
    Tool Cabinet Remodel 2024, Most of the hangers.JPG
    Had to hang the drills in a different order, as some wanted to hit those square down below...the 2 bendable hanger were for the 2 larger Eggbeater drills...and one had a LONG side handle that also needed stowed away..
    Tool Cabinet Remodel 2024, extra handle.JPG
    which left one hanger to use..hmmm..
    Tool Cabinet Romodel 2024, last hanger.JPG
    Removed the small ball pean hammer, install the last hanger, and hang up the long armed Cutting gauge...still needed a parking spot for the 32oz Mallet..
    Tool Cabinet Remodel 2024, parking spot.JPG
    I think will do nicely.....I first used this type of hanger..
    Tool Cabinet Remodel 2024, too big.JPG
    Goodell Pratt Breast Drill was too big to store IN the Tool Cabinet...

Had some other spots to fix up...more on that, later.....stay tuned..

I checked over at Lowes, today..to see IF they had any hangers like these......Nope! They sell a different "System"....They are more of a Peg Board or Slot Board...where you also have to buy the board for them to work..

Will wait to see IF Wall E World restocks those hangs...

Those look like they work great! I got hangers like that from Amazon a couple of years ago to organize garden tools. They weren't black like the ones you have, but the pattern was the same.

Looks nice and organized!

DC