Thread: Valley Hardwoods Dilworth MN Fire

Valley Hardwoods Dilworth MN Fire

For those of you in the area Valley Hardwoods in Dliworth had a major fire Friday night. https://www.valleynewslive.com/2024/...te-night-fire/
    I don’t have any further details other than the news reports. As a fairly frequent customer I do know that building was old and in much need of an update. There was talk of building a new building on the same lot. This was a small family run business (husband and wife) so I guess we’ll see what happens. I’d assume it’s a total loss.

So if anyone has other supplier suggestions I’m considering options. Also I’m tossing around the idea if anyone in the area has interest in splitting larger orders as a way to help the hobby woodworking community at least temporary. I have access to unconditioned space to store lumber inside (pole barn). I have purchased from Rennebergs (Menahga MN) but they have a minimum order amount and aren’t open on weekends. It’s a bit of a drive too. This is an example of why I was suggesting splitting orders as I could make a trip more worthwhile and load a trailer up.
    Last edited by Bryan Cramer; 01-21-2024 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Clarity
    My woodworking theory: Measure with a micrometer, Mark with chalk, Cut with an ax.