Thread: Big Maxx yellow flame. How to fix

Big Maxx yellow flame. How to fix

I have a 50000 Mr Heater Big Maxx and all 3 flames are yellow. Can someone guide me to a video on how to fix this so I can get back the blue flame?

Thank you in Advance,
    Duane

I dont have one but I would assume Yellow flames means the flame is lacking oxygen

Have you had a chance to call Mr Heater Support yet? I googled your problem and their website and support number came up a few lines down the page. Maybe they can help too.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Your NG company should adjust it for free.
    Bill D

More air or less gas. The latter shouldn't be the issue if it was good before. Are there screens or constrictions on the venturis that might be dirty (spider webs are a common issue)?

Yellow means it's likely to be throwing off carbon monoxide, so I wouldn't mess with it. Get a service call if it's not an obvious problem.

Thanks to all who replied. I will contact Mr Heater and see what they say. Hopefully it will be a simple fix.

Fuel?
    Bill D.

FYI I blew out the screens and now the blames are 90% blue. Guess that was the main problem but glad to have a warm shop again.

Glad you have worked that out Duane. It will be worth your while assuming you finish the heating season in good shape to inspect the unit before the next heating season. the critters tend to do their work in the summer. I know the horse has left the barn on this for you Duane, but for anyone looking to select a heating system/applianceI in your shop or home, anywhere really you are best off having a sealed combustion heating appliance, or direct vent in other words. you use no indoor air for the combustion process. Pull outside air to the combustion chamber mix with gas, burn and exhaust. It is a safer more efficient system and requires less care.