Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amazon Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wedel View Post
    I think if amazon delivers it (vs UPS or USPS), their handling of the package might be kinder so it may be that the packaging in that case is not as important. The one damaged product I got from amazon was because the person packaging it did a poor job (and amazon refunded me the full value of the product - a case of catfood, of which only 20% or so was damaged, so I can't really complain much about that).

Amazon delivers enough packages that one would think they know how to package them to avoid damage (or damage at a low enough rate to be worthwhile). And since in many cases, they are handling the delivery, the cost for larger or different packaging might be different than a third party seller who is handing it off to UPS and may then want to minimize packaging costs, at the expense of damage which they then try to not take responsibility for.
    I doubt Amazon has some secret system that somehow treats packages better than UPS and all the others. Packages that come from a local Amazon Fulfillment center may get less handling, but plenty of Amazon packages are shipped by air or semi truck long distances. I suspect they have figured out that damage claims are less expensive than better packaging.

The worst packaging is when a retail box that was never intended to be shipped is shipped without an outside box. Often times the box is in pretty bad condition by the time it arrives at your location. The boxes are designed to be shipped on a pallet, or in a case, not by itself.
    Last edited by Brian Elfert; 02-02-2024 at 3:59 PM.

Blog Entries
    The reviews on shipping might help if Amazon pays any attention to them. A few times damaged products have arrived and Amazon replaced it.

The thing that ticks me off so much is Amazon often sends a review request before the product arrives and then sends another review request the next day.

In feeling pressured to review a product, it may get knocked down a few stars because my initial use of the product was in error. (some products do not include instructions and are not self explaining)

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    The reviews on shipping might help if Amazon pays any attention to them. A few times damaged products have arrived and Amazon replaced it.

The thing that ticks me off so much is Amazon often sends a review request before the product arrives and then sends another review request the next day.

In feeling pressured to review a product, it may get knocked down a few stars because my initial use of the product was in error. (some products do not include instructions and are not self explaining)

jtk
    Not just Amazon, but Ebay also. Got a request to review an item that hasn't shipped yet

My ebay purchases I review (once I get the item) because so often you CANNOT return the item, and I like to know what the seller is like.
    I read other people's reviews for that reason, so I figure I should do my part and submit a review also.
    With Amazon you can , for the most part return stuff, even to a 3rd party seller, so I don't review my purchases unless my purchase was a really bad, either because of quality or bad shipping.
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”