Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best / Better methods to privately share large files?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    ...Guess I should pay more attention to the capabilities I have in hand...
    That last sentence applies to a lot (all) of us. There are a lot of sophisticated features on personal computing devices these days and it is difficult to be aware of everything they can do. We tend to just keep using the devil-we-know until it doesn't work.

Sharing big video files privately can definitely be a hassle. A private YouTube channel is a solid way to go - easy to link without size limits while keeping it locked down. Google Drive is another good option for sharing large links that expire. For client privacy, Hightail Spaces is more secure but overkill if it's just diagnostics.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rick sizemore View Post
    In addition to the above, utilizing Zip type file compression can facilitate up/down load times for all.
    I used winZip back in the day. It would let you break up a file into mailable chunks.

Lots of ways but I just throw it in my gmail. It will send it as a shared folder and you will have to grant permission (a popup after email is sent) anything under 25mb sends, and anything over goes as a shared folder.