Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very Bad Cut, but Lesson Learned (I hope)

Hi Stew, Out of my field, I am not a musician, just love music, lots of different stuff from all over, got a bit of Gospel, some from way back, and a few albums from the 70's always liked the passion. You should post a link to some of your stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Stew Denton View Post
    Hi Mark,

My injuries have also been almost entirely with hand tools, primarily very small cuts with chisels and plane irons, and mostly small cuts with hand saws.

As per your question about music, as to bass playing, in college I played in a "Jesus Music" band but didn't play again until about 15 or 20 years ago. Then was in our church band playing contemporary and traditional church music. I was also played in a Southern Gospel band and also sang harmony vocals as part of a prison ministry for about 10 years. While there in the Texas Panhandle, our church put on a major musical a couple of times, and I played in the small orchestra we had, probably around 40 instrumental musicians total. We played the music for the musical, which was really orchestra music, and had musicians from many towns in the Texas Panhandle, mostly high school instrumental music teachers who were all pretty good musicians, had majored in music, and had played all through college. I played bassoon and trombone in high school and trombone only in grade school, but also played bass trombone three and a half years in the college band. Thus, I can read music, which was a necessary skill for playing bass in the musicals that our church put on.

Thus, I guess you could say I have played all kinds of music. The music I like to play best is the contemporary Christian music that you hear on Christian radio. For what it's worth, I consider myself to only be a journeyman bass player that will never get to be a really really good bass player, such is life.

Stew

I've had my share of injuries, including one from a dropped plane iron that severed a tendon in my right ankle. I also seriously cut the tip of my right pointer finger with a utility knife, all but severing it. It is just so easy to hurt yourself with a moment's lapse in concentration.
    Your endgrain is like your bellybutton. Yes, I know you have it. No, I don't want to see it.

after all the years there are no reports of Santa having an injury. Sawstop must have been around well before we knew and how old is that guy now.

Had enough injuries. I always remember a kid in school tightening his plane cap. Had in front slipped with the screwdriver cut his chin serious huge. Clear he was good at sharpening. Another kid threw shaper knives, I think a weed head and very likely one teacher as well. Heard some bad about that teacher years later and lines up. One of my worst accidents was cause him he be fired on the spot now. So lucky for the old europeans.