Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The tried and true method....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I not only need to keep track of my own stuff, but also Professor Dr. SWMBO's stuff. Some days, I do better with hers, but then again, I've replaced a lot of her stuff with bright yellow versions. (literally) Most of the time, things are right in front of me, however, and I don't see them even with a replacement in-hand!!
    My wife claims this a gender specific super power....
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    It's good to know that I'm not a rare one in a billion then. What's the saying...."You can't see the forest for the trees".

I have 20 tape measures and 100 pencils around here somewhere.

I wish it worked. Sometime in the last year my 5/8" Sweetheart chisel disappeared. These tools NEVER leave my workbench, and even if they did, I work in a 16' X 24' shop space. I cannot imagine how it was lost. But, I ordered a replacement. Unfortunately it is impossible right now to buy this single chisel - nobody has them. So ordering can't fix it. Darn.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas McCurnin View Post
    Everything ends up between the cushions in the couch in front of the TV. Look there. The bonus is that you're likely to find some tasty Cheetos, too.
    I don't have a TV or a couch, so I can't try this method. Maybe I should get them and they would attract all the things I have lost to them.

customer here once saw the shop floor damp said I can fix that. We dug the place new weeping tile new sump basin new skin coat and tar. When he left he left he left me an awesome pry bar. I used it many years for so many things. Most bars just crap compared. This like made by a Samurai.

At one point I loose it and then look for years. Spend time many times then give up but always hope. Pretty much need therapy all friends tired of me bringing it up. One day rebuilding the last of six roof sections hear a noise dont think much of it. Next day neigbour here she says whats that. I look down in a pine bush and its the pry bar. I had used it to break roof joists free to raise some to make the the roof straight end to end before new facia and must have set it down in the soffit. Roof was very straight way overboard on that

Amazing bar my guess is it came from a tire machine. Its fine and has paddle ends with two different arcs. It did have a lip on one or two ends that I ground off, wish H had taken photos originally before any changes and could track it down. My guess is it came from a tire machine. I moved a bandsaw across the floor with it that must weigh 2,500. Just get under it and move it across 1/2" or so at a time. It bent as I was doing that but it never bent. So as much as you forced it in any situation it just held its original shape. Need to find out what it is and where it came from and if still possible to get another.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    The Professor could have used that characterization in the past, but alas, no longer. That's why I'm now the "seeing eye husband". But I can still lose something of my own right in front of my face sometimes.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

My father whom I dearly loved and respected liked to gamble on horse racing. I am the opposite. You could count the number of bets I have placed on one hand and not need all the fingers or the thumb. In the mid-80's, a radiologist with whom I jogged daily, made an outrageous statement about a college football team and upcoming game. I made a $5 bet with him. I was right. We went double or nothing on another upcoming game and I won that bet too. I vaguely remember buying 1 lottery ticket years ago.

That being said, I think I will go buy a lottery ticket as I found that damned 1/2" Forstner bit and the DMT diamond sharpening card I have been searching for months!!!!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....