Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Punxsutawney Phil says,

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    The irony to me is how Phil could not possibly see his shadow EVERY year with that big party with big lights in play. I guess he closed his eyes this year. And I'm thankful for it as I don't particularly like "winter".
    Jim, I used to not like winter when I worked. I guess being indoors during the daylight hours and getting home to darkness was the hardest part. Now that I retired, I get out and about during the daylight and warmer part of the day. I also get a lot of shop time in and do a lot of cooking this time of year. Each season has it’s charms. As for Phil, well it is what it is! LOL

The irony to me is how Phil could not possibly see his shadow EVERY year with that big party with big lights in play. I guess he closed his eyes this year. And I'm thankful for it as I don't particularly like "winter".
    Ed covered that already--
    6 more weeks of Winter = mid March
    Early Spring = mid March

Pretty much 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

In reality - it just another way for the Germans to swill beer and act goofy. The French get in on that action with Fat Tuesday. Then the Irish with St. Pat's day. Somewhere in there the Polish go crazy with Dyngus Day.
    All good fun. All good reasons to swill your favorite Kick-a-poo joy juice and eat yourself silly.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Punxsutawney Phil ….the nutty con done with a lazy fat animal , that once a year gets more press than Jane Mansfield used to get !

Blog Entries
    I prefer the forecast provided by woolly bear caterpillars. woolly-bear-20-signs-as_209899075-1536x864.jpeg
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Granny Clampet swore by her weather beetle but also other critters like if the hair on a bob cat was standing up it meant rain was coming.

Many years ago a friend said a group of kids forcasted weather by stating opposite to what some large weather society said and were correct more times. Probably best not to look how many days till spring as it motors along too fast already on its own so best not to be thinking ahead when its only now. However.

Capture.jpg
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 02-03-2024 at 11:48 PM.

I need to be someplace where 'wintertime' high temps are in the upper 50s except a few days where the temp drops to single digits to knock back the bug population.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    I need to be someplace where 'wintertime' high temps are in the upper 50s except a few days where the temp drops to single digits to knock back the bug population.
    It really doesn't knock back the bug population.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    i agree with Mike relaitve to the bugs, but for the temps...in a few years, it's likely going to be mostly 40s+ throughout the winter right here where we both live now.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

And then again, never bet against a politician making a bad PR move / photo op and having his own groundhog day in NYC. May the groundhog RIP:
    https://nypost.com/2024/02/02/metro/...-island-chuck/
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.