Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Smart watches?

For those of you who have opted for the Samsung 6--anyone also using United Healthcare's Rewards program for Medicare Advantage? UHC offers direct-connect with FitBit & Apple, other platforms require syncing with the phone app (she has a Google Pixel 8)--so i'm thinking it should connect to her Rewards through her phone. Our status with Xfinity will provide $300 off the Samsung (which means we spend too much with Xfinity already!!), and i'd like to get her the fall protection.

Shoot, for that matter--i really should be the one that gets that feature--due to her dementia she would not likely be able to call for help if i were injured, and that is a definite concern in our home. I try to remind her of the number for 911 each morning, but that message is not sticking with her yet.

I live alone and do a lot of work around my property that could result in a fall. I would like an Apple watch for the fall detection capability, but I also want to be able to wear it at night to monitor my poor quality sleep. The standard Apple watch has only an 18 hour battery life. The Ultra has much better battery life, but man $800 is a lot of money. My iPhone 14 didn't even cost $800 after a trade-in credit for my iPhone 8 Plus.

Brian, Apple Watch charges very quickly, so you can wear at night and charge while doing your morning routine, etc. My series 8 lasts a lot longer than 18 hours, although I've never quantified it.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Apple's website says up to 18 hours battery life for the Apple Watch 9. I find most battery life estimates are based on ideal conditions, and don't last that long in real life. I am glad to hear it lasts longer for Jim. The Watch Series 9 takes 75 minutes to charge from 0% to 100%, or 45 minutes to charge to 80%.

Brian, I have the 9. As Jim said, it charges very quickly, as in an hour or so.
    A full charge easily lasts all day. Mine's usually at +50-60% after wearing it all day.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney